krazyflo

Best program to make an animation???

Question

Hello!! so I want to make an AO but first I have to create the animations and I was thinking about using Motion Builder but I'm not completly sure if  it's the best prgram to use, because I want the hand to move in the animation and I'm not sure if you can do that with Motion Builder, Any recomendations??? :D

4 answers to this question

There are two pro animation tools for SL; AvaStar and MayaStar. AFAIK, these are the only two that are designed to work with avatar shape sliders and the new Bento bones.

AvaStar requires Blender. MayaStar requires Maya.

13 minutes ago, Vitae Moyet said:

How can I find someone to make a specific dance script for me... that I cannot find

you better ask in the "wanted" section, and explain what you look for, (dances are no scripts)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vitae Moyet said:

How can I find someone to make a specific dance script for me... that I cannot find

Alwin is right. There is a wanted section in the forum: Commerce -> Wanted.

Dances are a combination of animation and scripting. There are free scripts for playing animations. You'll find them in several places. Google.

My assumption is you need someone to make the animation. Save yourself some time, be clear on what you want the animation or script.

Animations for SL are generally made in Blender. Many of the newer dance animations are made using motion capture. A dancer performs the dance and cameras, computers capture the motions and convert the data to an animation for SL. I wouldn't expect a custom motion capture animation to be cheap.