Unable To Post Events? SL Errors?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I filed a ticket and was asked to remove @ and & from the event title and description to see what happened.

I did that and the description text had inverted comma's/quote marks which the editor code turns in to & and # so it failed :P 

It would seem that someone is trying to protect against SQL/PHP injection attacks via the events entry screen perhaps - FaceBook and Wordpress manage to protect against such attacks and allow punctuation and symbols - perhaps there's lag in the Labs web development team? :P

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Lyndka Cochrane said:

I filed a ticket and was asked to remove @ and & from the event title and description to see what happened.

I did that and the description text had inverted comma's/quote marks which the editor code turns in to & and # so it failed :P 

It would seem that someone is trying to protect against SQL/PHP injection attacks via the events entry screen perhaps - FaceBook and Wordpress manage to protect against such attacks and allow punctuation and symbols - perhaps there's lag in the Labs web development team? :P

Sometimes, programmers are too lazy/busy to remember to code EVERYTHING to allow for special characters.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.