Question About Belleza Mesh Bodies and Bento Hands

Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am puzzled by something about the Belleza female mesh bodies. I have an alt with a Belleza Freya mesh body that I bought this spring and I do love it! It is wonderfully adjustable and it looks great. But I do not understand why the hands do not support Bento mesh animations yet. Or is there something I am missing here?

I mean, my Vanity Fair avatar has a Maitreya Lara mesh body (which I also love), and it works perfectly with AOs with Bento hand animations. You can even choose to cycle the body's hand animations using the Maitreya HUD separately from any AO. And I know that Slink sells animate-able Bento hands. So why doesn't Belleza have this yet?

What even more bizarre is that the Belleza Jake male mesh avatar, which has been out for a little while now, does have Bento hands you can animate. So why the men's but not the women's??

I am still relatively new to mesh avatar bodies so I don't know the history of the products.

Edited by Vanity Fair

The Belleza creator is known to be rather slow to update her meshbodies. Those who bought the Belleza fullpack before they became 3 seperate packs can tell you how long we had to wait for an update on the HUD which was glitching.

I don't believe that a bento update on the Belleza bodies will change how the content creators are dictating what meshbody the users must have (hint : try to look for accessories for SLink bento hands).

Belleza is working on a Bento update. The delay from what I understood is that the HUD will also have to be updated; and it is quite possible that other changes are coming in the update as well. As much as I am looking forward to having Bento back (I also own Maitreya), I am going to wait it out and not go third party.

From what I understand, bento isn't simply a matter of updating what already exists; everything has to be re-rigged, which is why most head creators simply started from scratch when moving from static to bento heads. It was faster, easier, and more effective than updating what they'd already made. While the hands may not have to be made from scratch, I would imagine adding bento is a significant update. Belleza is, as mentioned, notoriously slow at updating anything, so patience is required for Belleza users. Jake was made after bento was released, so the hands could be created and rigged to the bento bones right off. 

Slink's hands are nice, although not my favorites; and they do with Belleza. If you absolutely can't WAIT for the Belleza update, you can go with Slink in the interim, but you may or may not be wasting money, depending which hands you ultimately end up preferring. 

A bento update for the female Belleza bodies is a current work in progress. There is a pick in Tricky's profile advising that it will be out this fall, so it's imminent. The Jake body was being worked on while at the time of the bento roll-out hence why he got his hands. It's important to remember that Belleza has 3 bodies, each of those bodies has 2 versions, and the hands for Belleza are built into the body not just an extra attachment like other bodies, even if you're not a perfectionist, updating 6 bodies is not a quick and easy task, not to mention also having the extra work of poses and animations.

• 9 months later...
13 minutes ago, lonewolf038 said:

why my belleza jake body doesn't have hand poses …….may be is should go for redelivery....

can someone clear this doubt of mine

A redelivery won't help. There haven't been any updates to Jake since it was released. The body is still in beta and does not have hand poses yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.