New Waterway!

Marianne McCann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just spotted some new waterway to the north of the Gulf of Lauren. A connector from Bay City to ANWR and the Heterocera Atoll. Still not showing ont he map, but it's north of  Shamwari, along the top of the suburbs, then north to Fuchsia. A passage cuts through Fuchsia to another new block of regions stretching from  Swanhild to Valda, where it connects with the ANWR passage to the northern continent. :-)

Way cool! I can sail from my land in all the way over the Rizal.  It would be nice if they made a channel to get to Bay city.  Also, I hope they add more regions and make road connections between Bay City and mainland Sansara.  I wouldn't mind seeing a more developed RR in Sansara too.

Hugsy Penguin wrote:

Way cool! I can sail from my land in all the way over the Rizal.  It would be nice if they made a channel to get to Bay city.  Also, I hope they add more regions and make road connections between Bay City and mainland Sansara.  I wouldn't mind seeing a more developed RR in Sansara too.

I too hope to see some work on a "southern passage" that links Bay City to the inland waterways. In fact, I have heard there are things afoot for that. Wouldn't mind seeing more tail (though the short line in Bay City may well have some ferry component to it that could link it to the Atoll lines). Not sure where a roadway connector could go in. Maybe something that could connect the roadway in Luna to the rez zone and roadway in Noyo? That could have a bit of an impact on Cowell, though. Not sure if any other good ways to route from one to the other. Would be great if there is a way, though!

Marianne McCann wrote:

I too hope to see some work on a "
" that links Bay City to the inland waterways. In fact, I have heard there are things afoot for that. Wouldn't mind seeing more tail (though the short line in Bay City may well have some ferry component to it that could link it to the Atoll lines). Not sure where a roadway connector could go in. Maybe something that could connect the roadway in Luna to the rez zone and roadway in Noyo? That could have a bit of an impact on Cowell, though. Not sure if any other good ways to route from one to the other. Would be great if there is a way, though!

I haven't been to Noyo in a little while and got concerned that Sinatra's Spook House wasn't there.  I was glad to see it just moved to a new location.  With that land now owned by Linden Lab, there's a connection from the end of the road to Linden land that reaches over Dore (which has a road that reaches Bay City).  It's a tight fit, but there's Linden land in southern Noyo, Cowell, and Abbotts.  From there, there's the sandbox regions or you can go north up the western side of Abbotts to Rosedale/Georgean.  Then make a road over to Dore.

If adding new regions, it seems to me that connecting into Noyo may be the most feasible but I wouldn't want to ruin the view for the existing residents in the area.  To deal with that, I think an underwater tunnel would be pretty cool.  They could bring the road down off the hill and then underwater so the surrounding residents wouldn't notict much change.  It would have the underwater murkyness, but I don't think that's too bad.  From there it could go into a set of of new regions (perhaps move the sandbox regions out of the way).  At some point the road would come up out of the water and connect to Luna.

Just some thoughts.

Hoverboarded from my place in north Atoll to Hau Koda in about 40 minutes with occasional stopping to check the maps and remount after hitting a banline.  Friend and I estimate once the route is familiar it could take half an hour.

The travel includes passing the Fuchisia infohub. Without sealife or terraforming, the regions look invisible on a map.

There were no crashes but each crossover on the new water regions involved heavy drift, but recovered each time.

Holocluck Henly wrote:

Hoverboarded from my place in north Atoll to Hau Koda in about 40 minutes with occasional stopping to check the maps and remount after hitting a banline.  Friend and I estimate once the route is familiar it could take half an hour.

The travel includes passing the Fuchisia infohub. Without sealife or terraforming, the regions look invisible on a map.

There were no crashes but each crossover on the new water regions involved heavy drift, but recovered each time.

I took a slow sailboat across it yesterday, which made it a fairly lengthy 1/2 hour cruise up from New Port to Tuliptree. Was A pretty good ride, though their is a lot of parcel encroachment once you get on the channel on the Heterocera Atoll: an offsim island someone has so kindly put in the middle of the channel, and a couple megaprim structures poking in from either side.

Overall a pleasant run, though

Well it's not just one place, but here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/cyclops is a region north of purple. Now there are regions west of this, a layer of water regions along the northern color coastline. Below Fuchisia you'll see there is now added northern coastline to Suburbs (Shermerville NW and Blumfield) which become part of the Gulf of Lauren. 

Also, they're careful to avoid the cornfield.

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

Great news.

Does anyone have a SLurl?

Sure!

Southwest end of the channel: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hiltrude/128/128/24/

Where it crosses through Fuchsia: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Fuchsia/128/128/24/

Northwest end of the channel: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Valda/128/128/24/

(though Holocluck's directions are a bit more useful, IMO!)

Kolby Nissondorf wrote:

Isn't it really "laggy" to have to sail through the Linden oceans? Are you actually about to boat on them conveniently?

Especially if you were to put a water way through two Linden regions? The graphics would not load properly guaranteed on my computer.

Not any laggier than any other place. I boat (and fly over) them all the time, and my computer is not a big gaming one. You can also drop your draw distance if you have trouble with things loading. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It used to be that this sort of thing was worth a blog post from the LDPW.

I've sailed through Maroon, but the whole region seems to be No-Script. Vehicles will steer, but there seems to be no control of speed. From there you can easily get to the L-shaped sea, and the area's a more southern route to Bay City would connect with.

I'm afraid that some of the channels I used to sail have become very awkward. The channel west of Umber is one which straddles a sim boundary, but if you can get through, there's a decent sim-edge channel on the north side of Hiaka which eventually leads to the larger eastern seas. The channel through Baku has some nasty traps where banlines follow sim boundaries, so it seems the practical route is as far south as Crescent.

Still, It's now possible to get from Bay City to Mowry Bay or the Sea of Fables. That's a lot to explore.

WolfBaginski Bearsfoot wrote:

It used to be that this sort of thing was worth a blog post from the LDPW.

I've sailed through Maroon, but the whole region seems to be No-Script. Vehicles will steer, but there seems to be no control of speed. From there you can easily get to the L-shaped sea, and the area's a more southern route to Bay City would connect with.

I'm afraid that some of the channels I used to sail have become very awkward. The channel west of Umber is one which straddles a sim boundary, but if you can get through, there's a decent sim-edge channel on the north side of Hiaka which eventually leads to the larger eastern seas. The channel through Baku has some nasty traps where banlines follow sim boundaries, so it seems the practical route is as far south as Crescent.

Still, It's now possible to get from Bay City to Mowry Bay or the Sea of Fables. That's a lot to explore.

From what I heard yesterday, there will be an even easier path soon, via Abbotts to Luna Palisades.

In advance of that, I'd LOVE to know a good route from Fables to Abbotts. I plotted one last night that looks possible. As long as I remember where that security orb is, and don't hit that low bridge. I love to take a long sail some weekend, from Fables to somewhere deep in the Heterocera Atoll.

I miss the LDPW blog posts. :-(

• 9 years later...

Hello in the next year These new waterway regions from bellisseria will be added to the bay city with the bridge to the Luna Sim. from the Noyo. due to upcoming cloud uplift project that will have significant changes for the Second Life Mainland! Linden could add those waterway pretty quickly! to bellisseria in the next year!

I hope i saw these changes for the SL Mainland since linden are started to do the cloud uplift project around this year. dubbed "The Southern Passage of the Sansara" that add the water region from Iapetos to Grand Banks. for the gtfo job purposes.

Edited by anuk2939mk2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.