Events Calendar

Mika Palmyra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I saw something on this the other day. It has something to do with the characters used in the title of the event. But, I can't find that post.

If you get the same error every time, try a different browser. If you still get the error file a JIRA Bug Report.

Thank you Nalates :)

1 hour ago, Parhelion Palou said:

See this thread (also in Answers->Everything Else): https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/413106-events-calendar-error/?page=0#comment-1678749

Don't use characters like ampersand and exclamation marks -- I suggest keeping to the alphabet, numbers, and typical punctuation. See if that works.

Yes That was the problem. Thank you :)

• Like 1

I've been having this same problem, in order to get them to post I have to change our club name from C&V's House of Rock to CandV's House of Rock...does this make sense? It only started happening the last 3 or 4 weeks, before that I could type it is as it is.

In the Internet world the ampersand (&) is a special problem. It often is used to denote the beginning of a special character: &xxx;

In web forms, like this forum page,  and URL's the '&' has a different yet special significance as a field delimiter. If the programmer on the server side does not handle all the special cases, you run into a problem like C&V not working as you anticipated. 

You can get around the problem in some cases by using & in place of &. In others you can use %26

In other cases nothing works because the programmer took care in some places but not not others. So, they catch the special character in one place but not all and the output is wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.