Abuse, Griefing & Destory my Full SIM! :-(

AntonyAXJL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am requesting and asking if anybody can help me with this Avatars Abuse, Griefing and destory the structures on my full sim... Ever since I purchased this full SIM on February 2016 till now I am still trying to fix and to restructure my SIM, because of the Abuser keep coming, and for some reason, I don't know how they did it... they left an object on my sim and when I return my whole parel and structure were return to me... :-( I purchase so much money on security that I feel it is just useless, yesterday, it happened again... I am tire... trying to do a project and it never get a chance to run... I would like to ask can anybody help me?, my SL ID: AntonyAXJL... Second Life Employees seems not interested in helping me... I don't know why... :-( 

1 hour ago, AntonyAXJL said:

Second Life Employees seems not interested in helping me... I don't know why... :-( 

Hmmm... This is a peculiar story. Less than a month ago, you posted a note on your profile feed that says, "Relax - Finanaly No more Abusers coming to my Aixinjueluo Island to Destory... worked this for almost a year with SL Abusers keep coming to abuse my Island. Thank you Linden and other creators helping me pin point and get to know who actually is the Abuser."  So ... Linden Lab and "other creators" have already helped you find out who is doing the griefing.  I also notice that your region is an isolated island and that it is closed, so no one can go there unless you have allowed it.

• Like 2

Antony,  please be sure that you understand the conventions of rezzing, taking, and deleting objects.  Here are a few points:

• When you Delete something in your Inventory, it goes to your Trash folder.  When you empty the Trash folder, it goes away permanently.
  • When you drag an object from your Inventory and drop it in world, two things can happen:
    • If it is a Copyable object, the original appears in world and a copy is left in your Inventory
    • If it is a No-Copy object, it moves from your inventory and rezzes in world.
  • When you right click an object IN WORLD and select Take, it is returned to its previous location in your inventory, or to the Objects folder in Inventory
  • When you right click an object IN WORLD and select Delete, it is completely deleted.  It is not returned to your Inventory.  However, see the remark about Copyable objects above.

Many complex objects such as buildings are packaged in a "rezzer box".  You drag the rezzer box from your inventory to the ground, and then click it and select Rez from the menu.  Your building appears, and its parts all move and rotate into position to form a complete building.  You can edit the position of this building by simply moving the rezzer box.  The building will follow.  Once you have the building in its final position, you can lock its components into place by using the menu of the rezzer box.  Then you can delete the scripts in the building (another menu choice) and then simply delete the rezzer box.  The building will remain in place.

When you own land, you can restrict object rezzing.  You can limit this ability to only yourself, or only your group members.  You can ALSO restrict "object entry" to prevent someone from rezzing an object outside your land, then moving it onto your land.  In addition, you can restrict the operation of scripts on your land.  When you are being plagued with griefers, you should restrict rezzing, object entry, and scripts.  You may also want to restrict teleports to only a designated arrival point, and restrict flying.  This makes it harder for a griefer to get around quickly and makes them easier to catch.

You can use the Objects tab of "About Land" to find objects on your land that are owned by strangers.  Return them.

Put up ban lines and remove anyone and everyone from your whitelist. If only you are allowed on your sim, no one else can wander in and cause damage. Also remove rez rights for everyone but yourself, to prevent anyone from getting CLOSE to your sim and rezzing damaging objects. Then only allow in people you trust absolutely. 

On 10/15/2017 at 7:43 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Hmmm... This is a peculiar story. Less than a month ago, you posted a note on your profile feed that says, "Relax - Finanaly No more Abusers coming to my Aixinjueluo Island to Destory... worked this for almost a year with SL Abusers keep coming to abuse my Island. Thank you Linden and other creators helping me pin point and get to know who actually is the Abuser."  So ... Linden Lab and "other creators" have already helped you find out who is doing the griefing.  I also notice that your region is an isolated island and that it is closed, so no one can go there unless you have allowed it.

Yeah... It happen again... This time I saw several invisible objects on my land and when I removed it, it took away half of my objects in that parcel and I have to put back all removed objects in place... I thought it finally stops... but again it started three days ago... I just don't get it, I didn't social much at SL during all these months... I got the Object in my Inventory, trying to figure out what that Scripts is... The creator is written in Chinese Name... and I know who he is, but in my records, he never com into my Aixinjueluo Island... only two person listed that I don't know them, new Account at SL, 4 months... Thank you for your post! I again Close my Island, trying to figure out what is wrong with my settings and Group settings... 

20 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

Put up ban lines and remove anyone and everyone from your whitelist. If only you are allowed on your sim, no one else can wander in and cause damage. Also remove rez rights for everyone but yourself, to prevent anyone from getting CLOSE to your sim and rezzing damaging objects. Then only allow in people you trust absolutely. 

:-) Thank you for your advice, but if I put a Ban Lines people will not be able to come in at all, I did it now, and only Groups are allow to come in... I believe I must have miss something that I don't know... 

I didn't rez the invisible object, I highlight one by one, looked at how many prims, making sure that I didn't highlight my locked items and that is what happened, when I delete it it took hafe of my objects with it... so I went to my sand box, took out that object and select Edit and saw that creator's name, but checking all my island security, that person never come into Aixinjueluo Island, except two newly registered person that was at that parcel... so I ban them and redo the place again...

10 minutes ago, AntonyAXJL said:

when I delete it it took hafe of my objects with it... so I went to my sand box, took out that object

That doesn't make any sense to me.  If you deleted it, how could you later go to a sandbox and "take out the object"?  It sounds as if you did NOT delete it.  You took the object to your inventory.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

That doesn't make any sense to me.  If you deleted it, how could you later go to a sandbox and "take out the object"?  It sounds as if you did NOT delete it.  You took the object to your inventory.

I went to my sandbox make a board and took it out from my TRASH, and edit the object to see who it belongs to or created by who, and check the time and date... that was what I am trying to find out...

I have another question, don't know if it is appropriate to ask here... many times happened, when my wife and I locked most of our objects and then the next day, we saw our buildings been moved either up or into the pacel and some even moved left or right... it happened many times, so I have checked if my object is locked everytime before I log out... is it because of the SL software or my internet problem?

35 minutes ago, AntonyAXJL said:

This time I saw several invisible objects on my land and when I removed it, it took away half of my objects in that parcel and I have to put back all removed objects in place... I thought it finally stops... but again it started three days ago... I just don't get it, I didn't social much at SL during all these months... I got the Object in my Inventory, trying to figure out what that Scripts is

An object should not be able to delete other objects..the exception being rezzers, of course. So technically, if you rezzed all your objects using a "rezzer box" and someone somehow put an object down that used a similar script, it could tell all the other objects (with rezzer scripts stil active) to delete themselves.  Now, if I am correct - you can prevent this by 1) after you rez your objects that use a "rezzer box", tell the box to "delete rezzer scripts". 2) This will physically remove the rezzer scripts from the objects that were rezzed, so no separate or griefer script can move or delete them.

Just a thought.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

2 minutes ago, AntonyAXJL said:

we saw our buildings been moved either up or into the pacel and some even moved left or right... it happened many times, so I have checked if my object is locked everytime before I log out... is it because of the SL software or my internet problem?

You may be using rezzers and "locking" object positions but not selecting the object that deletes the rezzer script from the objects/buildings.  This would allow anyone who had a "compatible" (or hacked) rezzer script to move your stuff using their own script.

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It cannot be in your trash unless you put it there.  When you delete an in-world object, it does not go into your trash.

is there another way you can delete the object without going to my Trash? I really don't know this... I just tried it on an Object I rez out and delete it, it went into my Trash... ???

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You may be using rezzers and "locking" object positions but not selecting the object that deletes the rezzer script from the objects/buildings.  This would allow anyone who had a "compatible" (or hacked) rezzer script to move your stuff using their own script.

Thank you very much for your help... I think I know what happened... I will see what I can find out... Thank you so very much!

If the object does not belong to you and you right click on the object and select Delete, it should vanish forever. It will only return to your Trash folder if you own it.  If the object does not belong to you, you could also get rid of it by selecting Manage >>> Return, which will send the object back to whoever owns it.

Therefore, if it is in your Trash folder, there are only two possibilities: (1) you used TAKE instead of DELETE or (2) you own the object. 

Now, I am curious to ask for clues .... what is the name of the object?  What sort of things disappeared when you "deleted" it?  What does the icon (the symbol) next to the object in your Trash folder look like?

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, it's best to delete the Rez Box after you rez out the object to prevent the collusion of the scripts? does this happened to different creators object or the same creator's object? 

5 minutes ago, AntonyAXJL said:

This would allow anyone who had a "compatible" (or hacked) rezzer script to move your stuff using their own script.

Or, if you decided to TAKE or even to DELETE the object, it would go to your inventory (because you own it), and it would take all of the related objects with it.  That's why I was asking those three questions in my last message.

1 minute ago, AntonyAXJL said:

So, it's best to delete the Rez Box after you rez out the object to prevent the collusion of the scripts? does this happened to different creators object or the same creator's object? 

Read the instructions that came with your building. There is almost always a menu option for removing the rez box automatically.  It's very simple.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.