Your Biggest SL Disappointment

JoeDex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

Yeah. They elected Trump.

It’s probably best to leave politics out of that particular discussion. I’m fiscally (not socially) conservative and one of the most erotically freaky people I know.

I know a lot of others like me too :-) 

IMO being tolerant in SL means not slamming entire groups of people based on appearances or taste. In the parts of the BDSM community, I inhabit we kinda codify that thinking as “Your Kink Is Not My Kink But Your Kink Is OK”

Do your thing, as long as I’m not Forced to participate beyond my comfort zone; I’m fine :-)

My personal validation is not required for other people to have fun, just as theirs is not required for me to do the same.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, cykarushb said:

Untitled.png.264e71fe6eefb3a4aab963d5b67a6dc3.png

This is the reason why I do not like starter sims ... I love and miss the London sims but the IMs.... and I got asked not to come back because I kept calling the f**ktards out in local caht or answering in local... I just ..HATE those IMs and random requests and tp to a point I wish they´d be banned from internet access until they finish a class that teaches them to read profiles. act decently and stuffs xD  (but that´s wishful thinking in my evil twisted aholic brain ...). We were all new  at one point but that´s NO excuse...

I left Clubs that were nice just because there was a dude sending me a hi IM being almost 4000 days old..COME ON... that really NEEDS to die... Which is a shame cos I´m bored and lonely inworld and would like to socialize more... I´m not into SLex or BDSM or Fetish or have much time to RP so...what´s left... styling and the forum^^

The biggest disappointment to me was the loss of last names. It just hasn't been the same since they changed the system.  I have even heard that some people have sold their old first name-last name avatars to other people! 

Second biggest disappointment: being unable to get more than about 70 people onto a sim, and having terrible lag when you do. It really hurts major events in my opinion.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

@cykarushb, to be fair, some of those were just people trying to start a conversation.

inacceptable....

in SL almost everybody is "hot" or "sexy"... it´s no valid point... They should at least pic a certain aspect of the looks or profile and compliment on that...

Rule of thumb: if there´s ANY hint it´s copy/paste to every avatar or every female looking avatar ... nope not enough, not cool, better stay silent

if they want to communicate SO badly - there´s local chat.  IMs should be to take discussions from local on if the topic moved on or if you´re not in the same spot...

Another huge disappointment for me is... 42 Groups limit. in 2013 there were discussions to raise that, I wonder why it´s not happening? Will the data files become too big? Any tech issue?

Edited by Akasha Sternberg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

inacceptable....

in SL almost everybody is "hot" or "sexy"... it´s no valid point... They should at least pic a certain aspect of the looks or profile and compliment on that...

Rule of thumb: if there´s ANY hint it´s copy/paste to every avatar or every female looking avatar ... nope not enough, not cool, better stay silent

if they want to communicate SO badly - there´s local chat.  IMs should be to take discussions from local on if the topic moved on or if you´re not in the same spot...

You were made the Arbiter of Proper Instant Message Usage ... when?

Most SL clients have options to restrict communication channels to those already on your friend list and all of them give you the option to mute/block accounts. This is on top of the tried and true method of simply ignoring messages from those you do not wish to communicate with.

Yes the attempts to pick up people (no it is not just female avatars that are targeted) can get irksome, you have options. Use them.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I wonder how much I can get for an old build alt.  Maybe one parked for 9 years due to drama that lead to Clover and I to "eloping" to new avatars.

The last time I heard, LL was pretty down on the selling of avatars.

Things being what they are, they can’t deal with Griefers, but I can see them unleashing the Legal Hounds on someone selling their alt.

30 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

They should at least pic a certain aspect of the looks or profile and compliment on that...

To be fair, "Damn girl I like your profile lol" from the screenshots example does fit into that category. I've had people send me IMs like that before now, and they've never been pick-up attempts; just genuine compliments.

30 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

Another huge disappointment for me is... 42 Groups limit. in 2013 there were discussions to raise that, I wonder why it´s not happening? Will the data files become too big? Any tech issue?

Psst! Go premium. We get 60!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

To be fair, "Damn girl I like your profile lol" from the screenshots example does fit into that category. I've had people send me IMs like that before now, and they've never been pick-up attempts; just genuine compliments.

Psst! Go premium. We get 60!

Well they could specify WHAT they like about the profile^^  To show they actually read it... I´m super happy when someone IMs me like "hey I read this in your profile and I like that" and stuffs.... but maybe I´m too burnt  and too anti when it comes to that xD

Premium get sixty... I´d say you´re shi***n´me but you wouldn´t.... so... hmmm premium does look more and more appealing... *goes to drag her bank account of for some REALLY serious talking....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

Well they could specify WHAT they like about the profile^^

For me it is invariably "so you don't like dull knives?"

https://my.secondlife.com/rhonda.huntress

(in case anyone is curious)

[ETA]
I like how it says "Payment info used" on the profile.  That's like Noah saying"I think it's going to rain."

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

@cykarushb, to be fair, some of those were just people trying to start a conversation.

They were just the examples i had on hand. I know that some of them may not have had the intention of the others, but its a very common thing.

If someone sends me a "hi", ill happily have a little conversation about whatever, ive got no problem talking to random people or helping out the newbies in SI. And that happens fairly often. But i do get a lot of these messages that are just kind of obscene and not called for in both a general sim or something you would just say to anyone anyway. You dont just walk up to someone and go "hey, wanna go bang? meet me at XYZ", like no mate, go away.

The point was that the random IM's are still coming even with a furry avatar, theres very little social discrimination in SL from most people, i rarely see it. These people dont care what weird crap i do, even if their goal is virtual casual hookups, they arent picky or selective or discriminating. And part of me can admire that, but maybe if it was about something other than wanting to grope pixels, ya know?

Semi related to the OP topic, another disappointment in SL was after i came back from like a 4 year break,  at the time i wanted to play SL but my laptop wasnt up to the task. But at the time i played as an A-10 warthog and ran around going "brrrrrt". And it was a blast, and a load of people were doing this, and it wasnt even considered trolling or anything, it was just that some people liked to mess around with random avatars for fun. And after making my new account last year, i have almost never seen that again. What happened? Why arent people doing this kinda casual fun? Sometimes i see people with those dropkick anims or whatever, and sometimes funny macros, or the mlg 420 illuminati avatars, but not as much. Where did that kind of thing go in the last few years, just a bunch of noobs running around with whatever random avatar they found in a sandbox having a blast. I mean i know its there, somewhere, but it use to be everywhere.

Also pet peeve, anyone who calls me and sabrina foxes. We aint foxes >:l

Untitled.png

On 10/15/2017 at 12:45 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maya has a store, but I don't think I saw anyplace where the houses could rez.  Here's the last location I have for Maya's -- been a few months since I was there.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zurich Hillside/74/74/35

On 10/15/2017 at 9:13 AM, JoeDex said:

@Purplerain Horowitz I did not see any full demo's. The location is quite large and at Zurich Hillside (78, 89, 35) if you want to check it out for yourself.

Thank you both!

On 17/10/2017 at 9:35 AM, Akasha Sternberg said:

I can´t help but notice Bad@zz in the background... EW ...pet peeve of mine... I´m glad to see something else than those horrible tanned oily skins under that lettering. Everytime I see those skins I want to stab my eyes out.... Since I first saw them.... I mean... seriously.... there´ve always been so many better skins and yet they were widely popular... I know I´m an ahole but I didn´t even talk to ppl wearing them xept they were asking me for advice to change skins xD

The photo was taken a long time ago - I suspect defecation HUDs have even become more sophisticated since that time, as well as skins :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/10/2017 at 10:46 PM, Chase01 said:

btw, speaking of last names. Was "Darkfire" the Smith of SL? I can't tell you how many times I have seen that last name used. I'd be curious to learn about its genesis if there is a story to tell. :D

Darkfire isn't a name that resonates in the same way with me. Spitteler, Avro, and Aero where the ones I used to see a load of. However, I had a dig around and found this:

http://slnamewatch.com/?action=list_records&status_filter=all&sort_order=DESC&order_by=usage_count

I found it interesting.  More interesting though was the last page - 

http://slnamewatch.com/?action=list_records&status_filter=all&sort_order=DESC&order_by=usage_count&cur_page=108

Marigold UnitTestObsequious would be a bit of a pain to log in with.

4 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Darkfire isn't a name that resonates in the same way with me. Spitteler, Avro, and Aero where the ones I used to see a load of. However, I had a dig around and found this:

http://slnamewatch.com/?action=list_records&status_filter=all&sort_order=DESC&order_by=usage_count

I found it interesting.  More interesting though was the last page - 

http://slnamewatch.com/?action=list_records&status_filter=all&sort_order=DESC&order_by=usage_count&cur_page=108

Marigold UnitTestObsequious would be a bit of a pain to log in with.

Wow, I didn't know that website was still around!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.