Insaneia

Female wearing a collar, what does it mean/say about her?

Just now, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

You saw them? /me reels the thread back.

I had morning eyes on...  I often see things that may or may not be there before the cuppa sinks in

• Like 3

On 13 October 2017 at 3:25 PM, Insaneia said:

A female wearing a collar signalizes what exactly

It signifies that they are...

1. Using a female avatar at the time.

2. Own a collar.

3. Happened to be wearing it when you saw them.

That's about it really. Any other 'meanings' are entirely personal and subjective, and WILL vary depending on who you ask.

Somebody who is actually into the BDSM Scene will give you a radically different answer to the one you'll get from those "50 Shades of Clueless Vanilla Wannabes" faux-dom/mes who blather about 'slaves' , or 'collaring ceremonies'  being universally required to wear a collar, and other myths.

You make a number of ill informed assumptions, in your initial post. 'owned slaves' or 'unowned submissives' and the idea that ONLY females wear collars, and thus presumably that only males leash them, and that BDSM is all about sex.

Judging by the groups in your profile, I can see where you get your strange ideas from...

• Like 8

a wedding ring is generally accepted in many cultures as a person not available for romance except from its partner.

there are so many meaning in wearing an RLV collar that a person have to ask if it wants to approach that person differently depending on the meaning.

is s/he available to approach? does it mean that s/he has a partner? it is a fashion accessory? does it mean that is a person you don't want to be related with due to ideological reasons?

the purpose of the design of the RLV collar is from BDSM lifestyle, where the wearer is owned and is a submissive to a Master/Mistress, that should be our initial perception, it may have a different meaning to the owner of the collar, there is where the need to ask come from.

if people all around would start wearing wedding rings as a fashion choice, you would have to start asking people that wears them that you see as a potential partner, are you single?

Edited by Canoro Philipp
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

just wearing a collar like necklace ..or something like it doesn't have to mean a lot, if people mean something to say with it it's mostly also mentioned in the profile.. or where you find them hanging out.

well i'm no girl, but i have some "collars" too, just because i like the design.. and i can really say i'm not owned by a master..

I couldn't help but notice you didn't say anything about a mistress, there. ;-)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

I'm still peeved that the Lindens didn't see fit to offer the surname "McMistress".

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

7 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

a mistress ??? for me?? :o

• Haha 7

I had those typical collars and then Chop Zuey released some OC versions of some necklaces .... So...basically I was wearing a necklace... But even that stopped now.. I do wear chokers or collars ass a fashionalbe accessorieonce in a while though (well...as you know XD)

• Like 1

Its symbolize love and bond also protection  to that person ring or collar some wear bracelets or a locket. Not every one wears a collar its up to them. They could also been curious or where new to the ways. Collar's have been around and the style I seen people even out side of the lifestyle wear them. In the lifestyle collar would mean your are taken but some people wear then to keep people off them until they also find the right one so people may ask if you are taken or not but really a profile should also help. Some new in the lifestyle may not understand until they test one out for them self Second life is a place to try that. 

Edited by Dreamerra
  • Like 2

On 10/13/2017 at 10:33 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

I wear a collar in SL.  In rl its a bracelet for practical reasons.  My collar is a personal thing between me and my  partner.  Do people question why someone wears a wedding ring?

Well, a wedding ring is a direct indication of a joint partnership.  A collar, can be a lot of things as OP structured. I believe there is a big difference. 

On 10/15/2017 at 11:42 AM, Aislin Ceawlin said:

I would think the material they're made of may also be a very good indicator. What if they're metal knickers? What if they're metal knickers with a padlock?

On 10/15/2017 at 11:57 AM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

"No Trespassers."

Nahhh .. it means ""Game ON!" MWaahahahahaaaaaaa!! (hand Me My toolkit...)

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

On the fashion front, it’s all fun and games until some rando tries to click on it.

This speaks for a lot of things. I once had underwear that worked great with my avatar. A rare find. I didnt think much of them because they were just regular mesh underwear, nothing special.

Until i discovered they totally had click interactions that werent listed on the store page, making a very embarrassing scene as some 2 day old dude started messing with them in SI.

6 minutes ago, cykarushb said:

This speaks for a lot of things. I once had underwear that worked great with my avatar. A rare find. I didnt think much of them because they were just regular mesh underwear, nothing special.

Until i discovered they totally had click interactions that werent listed on the store page, making a very embarrassing scene as some 2 day old dude started messing with them in SI.

Yup, some of those fashion collars are indeed rlv collars. It’s an interesting “only in SL” situation.

I wear a collar at all times. it hides my neck seam and i've worn it for so long my neck feels naked without it. i'll wear other collars for fashion but this particular one is the main one i use. it doesn't mean i'm a sub (i'm more of a top) and it doesn't mean i'm into gor or bdsm. infact ALOT of people just wear it for fashion. especially furrys.

Snapshot_143.png

• Like 1

There are some people want to be leashed on public with their Master dragging them around the sim while they kneel for satisfaction of their own fetishes. For me, I really love wearing collar to pair my outfits sometimes. I think we just want to emphasize our sexy necks wearing those. It sometimes complete my outfit so I put it on. Not all the time just sometimes. 

Edited by Miyuki2112

You can make so know one can touch the collar also. I know its second life but also your feelings. Unless you trust the person that you are adding to your collar do not allow anyone just to click on it unless that what but know you are human free will time and place and all. Yes its a collar but know one force you  you are not a animal all trust out of love the collar is.

Your are in control and the person your trust I wore one in real if went to a mutch or to keep people off the same as in world depends.

Edited by Dreamerra

On 10/15/2017 at 11:34 AM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

You saw them? /me reels the thread back.

I *am* jealous now :-)

I guess we *could* differentiate between a choker (fashion accessory) and a Collar (fetish/relationship/symbolic) - but where would be the fun in THAT?

In SL it could mean a lot of things.

I have a friend who has a bad internet connection and lags so I drag her around on a leash shopping. lol

• Haha 3

On 10/13/2017 at 11:42 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

I need to dig out my glasses.  I read that as I like wearing knickers :/

I thought it said crickets!  LOL  Just for a split second, you know.  :)

• Haha 1

On 13/10/2017 at 3:25 PM, Insaneia said:

I think I have greatly misunderstood what a collar stands for in sl.

A female wearing a collar signalizes what exactly to everybody else?

1) That she is a slave and already owned. Off limits perhaps even. That she is only about sex and nothing else in sl. all kinds of other bad traits from cheap to whore etc.

2) Simply signaling that she is submissive and nothing else. Might not even have a partner or owner and be completely single. Basically saying she might be perfectly proper and behaved or whatever and all she does is openly say she likes being submissive, like a gay person saying he is gay and not straight.

Or anything in between?

I am asking in general discussion because I would like to know the public opinion. Would people instantly think she is some sexual maniac or simply wearing something that shows her sexual orientation instead of writing it in her profile?

As most have already said a collar can mean anything, however I would correct you on the slave bit, most on collars that wear them for bdsm are(or claim to be submissive) , a slave is a lot different and a bdsm slave and a gor slave also are different in many ways as well. Just a small niggle but get fed up hearing the two terms used interchangeably