Insaneia

Female wearing a collar, what does it mean/say about her?

2 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

Uh oh, you're talking to yourself! xD

how did I manage to do that?  I definitely need to dig out those glasses :ph34r:

• Haha 3

just wearing a collar like necklace ..or something like it doesn't have to mean a lot, if people mean something to say with it it's mostly also mentioned in the profile.. or where you find them hanging out.

well i'm no girl, but i have some "collars" too, just because i like the design.. and i can really say i'm not owned by a master..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Insaneia said:

A female wearing a collar signalizes what exactly to everybody else?

It signifies a woman wearing whatever she wants to wear.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I wear a collar. I do have one or two people on it's trust list, but mainly I use it for its practical  purposes. like the inbuilt relay and being able to change outfits via chat command.

• Like 3

There was a recent flurry on Twitter when someone posted a link to an article titled How To Talk To A Woman Who Is Wearing Headphones.

A lot of replies pointed out that headphones are a do-not-disturb sign, and a follow-up article said that Even Women with Headphones May Want A Man To Chase Them.

So, which is it? Are headphones a do-not-disturb sign? or a test for a man to overcome?

The thing is, even one individual person (let's say it's me) -- one day I might put in my earbuds because I don't want to be accosted (and will respond with irritation), but later in the same day I wouldn't care if some random person started talking and I had to pop one out to hear them.

There is no rule. Headphones don't have one fixed meaning.

And how about this: What does a collar in RL mean? Is it just a fashion choice? Is it meant to piss somebody off? Is it like a wedding ring, or a declaration of being open to whatever?

If I were interested in a person who was wearing a collar, I would try to talk to them, but I'd talk about anything except the collar.

• Like 3

I wore one when I was married in SL, and most likely if I get into another relationship I will wear one again, that being said does not mean she is off limits, so do not assume. Plenty of guys in SL who get off on the idea of thier woman having sex with others guys, he might even be lurking in the sim cramming her.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I like wearing chokers.. I never thought about someone thinking it might be for something else..

UNTIL NOW!:ph34r:

I had a flapper outfit that included a diamond choker about five strands of diamonds tall. One of my friends would always say, "I like the collar, Dil.", just to piss me off. I almost got tired of yelling, "It's a CHOKER!" at her, but never quit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Although a majority of my avatars are male, I do have female avatars.

If I was asked why I wear a collar, my response would be that I like them, and it makes me feel safe(no idea why).

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 4

I am not sure if I am alone on this, but if they're wearing a RLV collar (or what appears to be one) I usually don't pay any mind to it. If they have on a cute choker, well that is a different story. :D

Edited by Chase01
  • Like 5

My partner and I exchanged collars, and always wear them in SL.  Mine has text rotating on it that says:  Redacted Name's Mistress Anna.   And my partner's says:  Anna's  Redacted Name the Clever one.

Nothing sub about me, but I am monogamous.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I have several female friends in sl that wear collars and it has nothing to do with anything sexual or a kink or slave or any other bullcrap. 

Well I mean, that can be a different thing for furries. Ive worn one solely as a fashion accessory. But I know in the case of the leash/collar held by someone else on some female avatars its a submissive thing. Wether that's petplay or some other part of the BDSM scene. 

But back to a regular collar or other leash. I've seen them worn as everything from just being part of the outfit to genuinely meaning they are owned, and/or off limits. (I should get one for cheesecurd, maybe it would help with all the random IM's, lol) 

Otherwise i would think a collar on its own is just an accessory. I knew kids in high school who wore them kinda just because they were weird.

Really Though its just not something to ask about unless the conversation is already on it. Depending on what the reason might be the question can be perceived as offensive. It could be a more private reason.

Edited by cykarushb
  • Like 2

I saw something last evening in SL that adds a little to this.  A girl had another girl by a leash.  Opencollar collars all will provide a leash if they are set open (there are many options to 'open').  But seeing someone on the non-handle end of a leash DOES say 'don't touch'.  It's not the collar, per se, but the use it is put to.

• Like 3

I remember buying one of those collars one time,because it had an option to let you put your name on it..

It was kind of the finishing touch to some outfits..

I also remember someone asked me one time just to try one out to see what it was like..

The second they started to tug me around,I was like a dog on a leash for the first time and trying to get it off..They were going one way I was going the other and saying ,get it off get it off!!

I really didn't like that feeling,like right away.

hehehehe

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Do people read profiles before asking stupid questions ? No

A collar can mean alot, but a BDSM collar, means only a few.

There is no definition of what it means, that differs from person to person.

You could ask, what does it mean to use a female avatar in SL? The answers are so wide-spread ... uncountable.

Monti

• Like 4

I wear my handfasting ring in SL and hordes of people try to ignore what IT means, why should someone be questioned about wearing a collar ? :-)

• Like 4

On 14/10/2017 at 5:40 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

well i'm no girl, but i have some "collars" too, just because i like the design.. and i can really say i'm not owned by a master..

*Adds leash handle*
*evil grin*

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

*Adds leash handle*
*evil grin*

(/me deleted the scipts :)  )

• Haha 6

There is probably a vast majority of people who don't know anything or very little about bdsm. For them, seeing a person wearing a collar or wearing it themselves doesn't really signify anything.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2017 at 1:31 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

What is your opinion on people who wear knickers?  Does it mean they are taken or looking?  Is there a colour code to help you know if you should approach with caution?

I would think the material they're made of may also be a very good indicator. What if they're metal knickers? What if they're metal knickers with a padlock?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

I would think the material they're made of may also be a very good indicator. What if they're metal knickers? What if they're metal knickers with a padlock?

"No Trespassers."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I was initially worried this thread from the OP would turn into some sort of judgement against those of us collared or wearing collars for whatever reason they wear one.  Since I saw Ceka's knickers it has not taken that track :P 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I was initially worried this thread from the OP would turn into some sort of judgement against those of us collared or wearing collars for whatever reason they wear one.  Since I saw Ceka's knickers it has not taken that track :P 

You saw them? /me reels the thread back.

• Haha 6