Insaneia

Female wearing a collar, what does it mean/say about her?

I think I have greatly misunderstood what a collar stands for in sl.

A female wearing a collar signalizes what exactly to everybody else?

1) That she is a slave and already owned. Off limits perhaps even. That she is only about sex and nothing else in sl. all kinds of other bad traits from cheap to whore etc.

2) Simply signaling that she is submissive and nothing else. Might not even have a partner or owner and be completely single. Basically saying she might be perfectly proper and behaved or whatever and all she does is openly say she likes being submissive, like a gay person saying he is gay and not straight.

Or anything in between?

I am asking in general discussion because I would like to know the public opinion. Would people instantly think she is some sexual maniac or simply wearing something that shows her sexual orientation instead of writing it in her profile?

2 minutes ago, Insaneia said:

I think I have greatly misunderstood what a collar stands for in sl.

1) That she is a slave and already owned. Off limits perhaps even. That she is only about sex and nothing else in sl. all kinds of other bad traits from cheap to whore etc.

2) Simply signaling that she is submissive and nothing else. Might not even have a partner or owner and be completely single. Basically saying she might be perfectly proper and behaved or whatever and all she does is openly say she likes being submissive, like a gay person saying he is gay and not straight.

Or anything in between?

I am asking in general discussion because I would like to know the public opinion. Would people instantly think she is some sexual maniac or simply wearing something that shows her sexual orientation instead of writing it in her profile?

I wear a collar in SL.  In rl its a bracelet for practical reasons.  My collar is a personal thing between me and my  partner.  Do people question why someone wears a wedding ring?

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Do people question why someone wears a wedding ring?

This, so much this.

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

My collar is a personal thing between me and my  partner

and this.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Do people question why someone wears a wedding ring?

Nope, but friends did ask why I didn't wear mine when I was married.

Their asking eventually became part of the reason.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

My collar is a personal thing between me and my  partner.  Do people question why someone wears a wedding ring?

A wedding ring in rl removes the need to ask questions. Its a very clear statement that somebody is already in a relationship and not looking for a new one.

And that is exactly what I am asking here: Does a collar mean there is no point to talk to the wearer at all because she is taken already or does it simply mean Hi, I am sub?When it comes to people looking to find a match of course.

I like wearing chokers.. I never thought about someone thinking it might be for something else..

UNTIL NOW!:ph34r:

• Like 11

Well I also have my male and female alts collared because its easy to put them places when working on positioning animations in furniture

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I like wearing chokers.. I never thought about someone thinking it might be for something else..

UNTIL NOW!:ph34r:

I need to dig out my glasses.  I read that as I like wearing knickers :/

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Insaneia said:

A wedding ring collar in rl SL removes the need to ask questions. Its a very clear statement that somebody is already in a relationship and not looking for a new one.

You answered your own question.

As for not talking to someone "at all" simply because they wear a wedding ring or collar is a topic for whole different thread.

One could ask the wearer, "That is a lovely (type of jewelry) you're wearing. Does it hold a certain significance for you?"

• Like 9

I wear chokers sometimes in SL because they are jewelry and match whatever I'm wearing.  Depending on the exact design, some of these look similar to collars in SL.

If folks want to guess or make assumptions as to why I'm wearing it, so bit it.  Or they could read my profile and/or talk to me.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I wear chokers sometimes in SL because they are jewelry and match whatever I'm wearing.

Just like we shouldn't assume people with collars are into BDSM, we shouldn't assume people with chokers want to be choked! :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just like we shouldn't assume people with collars are into BDSM, we shouldn't assume people with chokers want to be choked! :ph34r:

I don't let what they want get in my way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Down with knickers! Who's with me?

What is your opinion on people who wear knickers?  Does it mean they are taken or looking?  Is there a colour code to help you know if you should approach with caution?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

What is your opinion on people who wear knickers?  Does it mean they are taken or looking?  Is there a colour code to help you know if you should approach with caution?

Knickers are tricky. If I'm wearing them, I may or may or not be with someone. If I'm not wearing them, there's a slightly higher chance I'm with someone than not.

Color codes are fun though. Nearly any colors are ok and not necessarily indicative of much. Though if they are illustrated with sawhorses, a shovel and a broom, you'll probably want to keep clear. A dynamite illustration merely means you should brace yourself at the right moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Insaneia said:

I'll suppose you're asking about the RLV collars. It doesn't mean that much more that this person is using RLV for her personal kinks and honestly that is all because you're going to find all kind of different persons wearing a collar for different reasons : from the owned submissive who shares her kinks exclusively with her owner to the one who wears to be used at anytime by any owners.

3 hours ago, Insaneia said:

Yes, there are people who like to think and stamp others. Personally when I meet someone wearing a RLV collar, I always check her profile to know more about what it means for her.

• Like 6