Private forums?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its been mentioned in another thread that this is the public version of some private forum?

So... who do we speak to to get to the private forum, or find out what private forums we would 'qualify' for?

- A question I asked in that other thread, but which seems to have been lost in the clutter.

I don't think there is a private forum, this section Off Topic is not visible unless you log in, that could be considered Private.

There was and still is plenty of talk about an Adult forum.

This section was recently added, it's public and community guidelines apply.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Identity-and-Relationships/bd-p/identity_relationships

There are 10 private forums here - I've access to one as I have a presence on marketplace. But I assume the other 9 may or may not also apply to me based on my presence in all three of G, M, and A mainland.

The one I do have access to, I was given two forum software systems ago by an unknown moderator and I do not even know how I got it - I believe merely by mentioning in a thread, like this one, that I had a store on xstreet, and then seeing the forum the next day.

Clearly someone is paying attention because this thread has been moved from where I posted it - so it would be nice if it could also be answered. There should be a way to find out what we qualify for.

guess it might help to know where you posted this originally....  i've only seen it in off topic.

I only know specifically of two of the hidden forums... merchants round table, and the adult content forum for zindra landowners and merchants... I know there are more, as I've heard mention of at least one other directly, and references to others that I can't confirm.

There is no private OffTopic forum of which I am aware.  This forum is only visible if you log into the forum.  That is, you cannot view the contents from 'outside'.  There is a private Adult forum for owners of adult-rated land and adult content creators.  There is also the private forum Void references.  Other than those, I am not aware of other private (by invitation only) forums.

There are many private forums as part of this platform. It seems some are more private than others but I haven´t yet seen a complete list of them anywhere. I believe the one for the merchants and the one for Zindra are well known, others like the translators forum aren´t... You know that you have access to at least one when you see the private forums link on the platform main page...

privateforums.png

Venus Petrov wrote:

There is no private OffTopic forum of which I am aware.  This forum is only visible if you log into the forum.  That is, you cannot view the contents from 'outside'.  There is a private Adult forum for owners of adult-rated land and adult content creators.  There is also the private forum Void references.  Other than those, I am not aware of other private (by invitation only) forums.

Ok there you have it. So who is to be approached to get these opened up as I have adult land?

Oh and someone asked where the thread started.

I posted it in Identity and Relationships since in another thread there that thread was called the 'public version of its private equivalent'.

It got moved, but not answered...

Now I guess I need to figure out the best way to reach Blondin Linden - he replies in here sometimes, but apparantly hasn't seen this yet. :)

so...

Merchant's Round Table
Zindra Land Owners*
Translation Project*
Solution Providers*
Atlas Land Owners*
Moderation Queue*

that's 6... out of 10 #CATEGORIES# (hint: categories can contain multiple forums)

anyone care to share any others they know about?

*=name is tentative, I don't have access so I don't know the correct names

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.