Land Lags

ccollett0023

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just bought a piece of land and it was running smoothly after a few hours it started lag like you were trying to walk in slow motion I cant even fly. I dont know what is the problem I have nothing on the land either its clear from all objects and the lagg is very bad 

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ccollett0023 said:

I just bought a piece of land and it was running smoothly after a few hours it started lag like you were trying to walk in slow motion I cant even fly. I dont know what is the problem I have nothing on the land either its clear from all objects and the lagg is very bad 

read some articles with the tag "lag" ..or "laggy"

most lag isn't Server/Sim related but your machine and connection.

If it is sim related a restart might fix it. But as you say you have a parcel, it's possible your neighbours have some really nasty buildings/objects (in the meaning of rendering) Or you'r drawdistance is set to high... but there are many things that can cause you experience lag.

also:

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

There are many things that can cause this problem, but I'll describe a couple that happened to me.

The first was caused by someone placing huge, invisible megaprims in the air over my land.  Look for these with CTRL+ALT+T, and also check About Land/Objects tab and click the Refresh button to see a list of all the objects on your land and who they belong to.  Return objects belonging to people you don't know.

The second was caused by a griefer scattering a large number of flashing, spinning, noisy objects across the sim.  Return any objects on your own land, notify neighbors if objects are on their land.

Object return is useful for all sorts of griefing objects, including graphics crashers.

• Like 1

As Alwin said, lag is usually client side or caused by the connection but from your description this looks like one of the few exceptions when it's the server that is struggling. Unfortunately it won't necessarily help if you clear your parcel since it's the sim as a whole that counts. If your neighbor is lagging down the sim, there's not much you can do except open a support case and hope LL agrees to deal with it.

In addition to what Lindal already mentioned, typical causes of extreme server side lag are breedables (not all of them but some), pathfinding objects, lots of people tpæing in and out all the time and server malfunction.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.