How do I create Prim Babies and Sell them?

krazyflo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! So i'm trying to create a prim baby but I don't know wich programs I should use to create them with, I already have blender and makehuman but I'm not completly sure if it will work with the game, I need to find a script too, so if anyone has experience with prim babies please help ! :D

8 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, krazyflo said:

the problem is I don't which programs work with the game,

Almost any 3D modelling program will work, since they are all external to SL anyway.  Just use whatever you are most familiar and comfortable with.  Blender is free and used by maybe >80% of creators in SL, but you can use 3DMax, Maya, whatever you want (and can afford).

Scripting is different.  You won't "find" a script for a custom project like that.  You'll have to write one to do whatever it is that you expect your model to do, or pay a scripter to write something for you.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, krazyflo said:

for scripting is there any special program??

The only scripting language you can use in SL is Linden Scripting Language (LSL).  You can use the script editor in your viewer, or any of a stack of external tools, but the language remains the same.  If you have never scripted in LSL, you have a moderately steep hill to climb before you can do anything tricky, unless you are already skilled with some other scripting language and can generalize from that experience.  I'd suggest hiring a scripter if you are a beginner.

EDIT:  I don't mean to discourage you.  :)   We all started at ground zero.  If you want to start climbing that LSL hill, here are some tutorials to chew on ... http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Tutorial

Edited by Rolig Loon

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The only scripting language you can use in SL is Linden Scripting Language (LSL).  You can use the script editor in your viewer, or any of a stack of external tools, but the language remains the same.  If you have never scripted in LSL, you have a moderately steep hill to climb before you can do anything tricky, unless you are already skilled with some other scripting language and can generalize from that experience.  I'd suggest hiring a scripter if you are a beginner.

Ok, thank you so much!!! <3

Edit: thank you for the tutorials!! :D

Edited by krazyflo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.