You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, Dakota Linden said:

Hi Sassy!

The demo's and variants issues that you raised are not a Policy issue, but a design issue. 

The demo's originally were only intended to be purchasable through the link on the main items product listing, but unfortunately, the code base for the Marketplace didn't allow that unless the listing for the demo was also active. 

Unfortunately, color variants are also limited by the same issue with the demo's.  It is not possible with the code base to have variants purchasable through the primary listing.  They too must have their own listing.

Cheers~

Good to see you guys at least TRIED to have these work the correct way, but sounds like you need to KEEP trying. These are VERY important for a functioning Marketplace.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 10/12/2017 at 4:27 PM, Chic Aeon said:

In the revamp it would be GREAT to be able to have obvious categories up top (like a menu in a webpage) for creators that make a variety of things.   Since you now need a credit card to make an alternate Marketplace site (with an alt) it is very problematic. A few of us (probably very few) ONLY have one credit card. (Oh my how could that be?) 

Well, that probably explains the problems I am having with my alternative MP site, lol. 

• Moderators

Greetings!

You can use the same credit card on multiple accounts.  

In order to register that your alternate account has Payment Information on File, add the payment method then make the minimum purchase of L$ required, which I believe is around $5 US.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/12/2017 at 2:58 PM, ChinRey said:

Also keep in mind that the SL users are a very conservative bunch. They do like new shinies but anything that will force them to change the way they've always done things in SL is bound to raise a chorus of protests, even if it's an undeniable change for the better.

They/We will get over it.

• Like 1

I've run forums since 2002 and just recently acquired a very old one.  every place I am at, states in the rules and sticky that bumping old threads is not allowed and to read the date on them, if it's old. make your own topic.   even if you have information for it.   I'm old and I miss ways things were at one time online lol.

1 hour ago, CoyoteMage said:

Well, that probably explains the problems I am having with my alternative MP site, lol. 

This is a very old thread. That "alt with other credit card" issue may have only been a temporary thing. I noted a few months ago (when trying to test something for the forums) that the avatar that couldn't get a Marketplace last Fall before --  could. And she now HAS one by accident because of that test LOL. She may use it some day. So far not. 

**********  I didn't realize this was an old thread for awhile but rereading was a good thing.  We know NOW that a Marketplace "redo" is on the docket (seriously) and some of the first things hinted at that "might" happen would be simplified "cleaning" of items where the creators haven't logged in lately.  Honestly, that means absolutely no product support of any kind and we hear stories about that here a lot. So that would be great and at the top of my personal list.    If we got a million "unsupported" listings out of the Marketplace, that would help the clutter a LOT. 

Everything doesn't need to be mesh and NEW. Plenty of folks are happy with prim builds and are after inexpensive over top of the line. I agree that everyone should be able to list on the Marketplace. But they ALSO need to be in SL, hopefully reading their IMs and logging in now and then.  So I am very much in favor of a purge of "orphaned" items. 

I DID know there was a sidebar sort on the store pages. I use it now and then but being a VISUAL person, it pretty much escapes my attention, hence something a bit "prettier" would possibly get more use.  I am trying to remember what I was really referring to almost a year ago. :D

To my knowledge bumping old threads is fine here. Sometimes it makes sense (especially with ongoing creation issues).  

This might be an old thread, but still pertinent.  I went through 35 pages yesterday, of mostly the same creator for full perm items who seems to have uploaded listings for .DAE packages of their whole catalog.  I'm not that up on some things I admit, so there may have been a way to exclude that maker that I just don't know.  But still...35 pages?  Between this, demos, and gacha resellers coming up when I look for a creator, it's really getting hard to use the MP.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.