An SL relationship, what are your thoughts?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know it's cliche bit don't give part-time people a full time role in your life.

My detector says:

And your answer to that should be: "Who are you hiding this relationship from, and why?"

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I am in a relationship based on lust and a mutual fascination with rope.  Openness and trust are sort of side benefits. 

You would have to mention rope, and make me miss my ex-husband.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 10/11/2017 at 7:41 AM, Talligurl said:

Ok, so I am interested in hearing what you all think. I met this guy, he says he likes me a lot, he says he wants to be my SL husband, but he also says he does not want anyone to know we are together. I am trying to figure out how we can have a wedding, while keeping the relationship secret, it seems a bit odd. 

This is a simple case.
1st Option: That guy you met by any chance has told you his real name? If he has done so, it means that the avatar that he's using which you met him is an alternative avatar. Meaning... it's not his main avatar. Therefore, if he marries you, obviously he will not want you to say that you are together because it may be that you have friends in common and who knows even closer
that you don't know.
2nd Option: Now, if he has NOT told you his real name, it may be that he is married in real and his wife also plays SL, and that is a prevention of anticipation that he is taking. That way, he can introduce you to her as supposedly a friend or a cousin or any relative and you're just being a simple friend like any other to him.
3rd Option: The last reason that could be is that, while he is telling you that he wants to marry you, he is also telling another woman that you may know yourself the same thing.  (He's telling her the same thing he tells you). That way, neither of you will have any idea that you are with the same man while he enjoys.

So, in conclusion.
If the man asks you to marry him, but he asks you not to tell anyone, then gives him two conditions.

1. You ask: "Do you have 300 thousand lindens for my silence?" (surely he will say "no")

Then 2nd: You say "Since you cannot afford it then ... Go and F*** yourself".  How about that for "do not tell anyone"?:D:D

Now if by any chance he gives you 300 thousand lindens, grab it and then tell him the same thing..."Go and F*** yourself" oops9_9xD

• Haha 3

Even if it’s in Sl True man will want to prusue you and lead. He will want to show off in public. He will show you off to friends and family. He will keep tabs on you each day. He will make sure your his world. He make time for you not hide. He will  put your name and partner you have your name in bio that your his. He says he can’t be seen with you that truly a red flag. Keeping it secret means ether want side chick don’t lower your self to this. I’m not your boss but I know about these signs and traits. Listen to your heart intuition it allways tells you the truth you don’t have to do anything you don’t feel  comfortable doing you also have feelings behind that avatar. 

Edited by Dreamerra
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Dreamerra said:

Even if it’s in Sl True man will want to prusue you and lead. He will want to show off in public. He will show you off to friends and family. He will keep tabs on you each day. He will make sure your his world. He make time for you not hide. He will  put your name and partner you have your name in bio that your his. He says he can’t be seen with you that truly a red flag. Keeping it secret means ether want side chick don’t lower your self to this. I’m not your boss but I know about these signs and traits. Listen to your heart intuition it allways tells you the truth you don’t have to do anything you don’t feel  comfortable doing you also have feelings behind that avatar. 

Yeah, that true man, my true SL man and I can't get on SL at the same time anymore. The more I go though SL after being with him, the more I realize how special that time was.

• 2 weeks later...

i actually agree with some of the things the others have said here. Def. ditch the ***** for sure, mainly cuz i think he doesn't even know how to maintain an actual stable relationship, and he wants to keep this "relationship" a secret. i mean who the hell does that *****?! lol SMH >:( i think you should try find'n urself a better guy than this worthless idiot tbh. just remember that trust and honesty goes hand in hand in any stable relationship. B|

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Jameson2001 said:

image.png.f1ff36da8ea3756d64046460b9a087d3.png

Do you notice the men in SL Forum are tiptoeing very carefully around this conversation thread.  Seems like we don't know the right thing to say anymore.  So we quietly tiptoe our way out of the conversation when it comes to us in relationships.................

If it makes you feel any better, some women don't know the right thing to say either.

So, I just set people on fire.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
On 12/11/2017 at 12:05 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

If it makes you feel any better, some women don't know the right thing to say either.

Believe Maddy!  :D  This is when Sylvia and I visited Maddy.  She torched us upon arrival!  She called it "cleansing."  Tomato, tomahto...

image.png.d352e51b27d372dbc8a812f249405a64.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
On 12/11/2017 at 11:05 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

image.png.24815d720c0f9c120a9f1b3bb8beda16.png

Seeing Maddy's people roaster just got me into the holiday mood.  Everyone hold hands and sing along in the family key

• Like 3

Do you notice the men in SL Forum are tiptoeing very carefully around this conversation thread.  Seems like we don't know the right thing to say anymore.  So we quietly tiptoe our way out of the conversation when it comes to us in relationships.................

Ah, don't feel bad.  Social awkwardness is normal.  Sometimes it's really refreshing for a guy to keep his thoughts to himself.  I mean, a date questioning my five o'clock shadow tended to threw me off my game.  It's a hormonal thing.  Okay?  Dermablend, you're a lady's best friend.   

• Like 5
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.