"INSTANT BUY" not receiving funds

Koopatroopas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Koopatroopas said:

does it normally take this long?

No, it doesn't.  Hence, the word "instant".  I can think of five situations in which you might not get your L$, each mildly improbable but still possible:

1. You actually used the Limit Buy option instead of the Instant (Market) Buy option by mistake. (Not likely, but .... )

2. You do not have a valid payment method or (a more likely variation), your payment method can;t transfer money fast enough to complete the purchase, so you transaction timed out and was cancelled.  That might easily happen if you are using a PayPal account that was verified by a bank account, and you have not been keeping a cash balance in the PayPal account.  Banks can't transfer cash fast enough.

3. You didn't actually trigger the transaction, either because you didn't use the right password or you just forgot to click the Purchase button.

4. You DID get your L$ but you are looking at the upper right corner of your viewer screen (to the left of the Buy L$ button) to verify that you got it.  That balance marker is unreliable, so always check your dashboard instead.  (Or click the marker a few times to make it wake up).  You can also check your LindeX Order History (secondlife.com >>> LindeX >>> Manage >>> LindeX Order History) to see what actually happened.

5. The LindeX is broken.  That happens every once in a while, and it is announced in the Grid Status Blog. (Click Grid Status at the top of this page.)

If none of those seems to apply, you should contact Live Chat if you are a Premium member, or the LL Billing Office, or submit a support case.

Well, I did say that first one was unlikely, but in the spirit of covering all the bases .... ;)

The fact that it was your alt making a purchase should make no difference at all.  After all, every account is a separate entity, so the accounting system isn't going to treat your main account and your alt any differently. My bet is on #2, with a secondary bet on #4.  Good luck.

BTW, I don't suggest making a second purchase until you've figured out why this one failed.  Once burned ....

Edited by Rolig Loon

3 hours ago, Koopatroopas said:

Yeah, it was definitely the instant buy button, went through paypal transaction, I am thinking because this is an alt that it might be taking longer then usual. I rarely buy lindens but it's never taken this long. I did e-mail support it seem everything went through fine, I'll check 5 out, I did a few relogs to see if anything would appear nothing yet

if your alt uses the same as you do, you will never get your L$ , you have no payment info on your profile.

Check if your alt does have it, or re enter it.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was definitely the instant buy button, went through paypal transaction, I am thinking because this is an alt that it might be taking longer then usual. I rarely buy lindens but it's never taken this long. I did e-mail support it seem everything went through fine, I'll check 5 out, I did a few relogs to see if anything would appear nothing yet

ok I changed my payment info to "Buying Lindens" does that mean the L will come now or do I just wait for the system to send me the lindens?

(I noticed before when I clicked on the BUY button on SL it would tell me i had no payment info, now when i use it it allows me to purchase lindens and tells me the amount inside the client - still haven't recieved my lindens yet and still says no payment info used on file, i guess i have to wait for it to update)

Edited by Koopatroopas

The system should register a change like that immediately.  Right now, though, it is saying

Koopatroopas:
Payment Information not used or not on file.
     Not on file
     Not Used

So it looks like there is something wrong with whatever payment method you have entered with Linden Lab. A prepaid credit card, perhaps?  Or a debit card? I think it's time for you to call the Linden Lab Billing Office, Mon-Fri 6:00 am - 3:00 pm Pacific Time

Local Toll-Free numbers (for Billing issues)

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

5 hours ago, Koopatroopas said:

ok I changed my payment info to "Buying Lindens" does that mean the L will come now or do I just wait for the system to send me the lindens?

Even after you fix your billing info, the transaction that you tried to do is not sitting there waiting.  You will have to do the Buy again.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.