Sign in to follow this  
Jo Yardley

Best combat and/or system?

I have been thinking about getting a roleplay / combat hud for a special event in our sim.

But as I have little experience with these and marketplace is a bit chaotic, I have no idea what to get.

The main thing I am looking for is a way to get people to be shot and see their avatar fall over in stead of being teleported home.

Maybe they can get "repaired" at a hospital?

Because we are a historical sim it would be nice if normal weapons could interact with this hud so we don't have to get special weapons.

I am also interested in, but not yet sure about getting a, roleplay hud.
Something that is very adaptable, do you need to eat, sleep, feel sick and need to visit a doctor, things like that.

I've used DCS2, Osiris/RPCS and BNWCS (Brave New World Combat System). DCS2 seems to be the most popular, but I prefer the Osiris system as it includes nonCombat actions as well. Nothing wrong with BNWCS, just that RL interfered before I could explore it more.

Check out LaRPS

http://larps.net/lc/topic/what-is-larps

Legacies Role Play system

You are more than welcome to see it in action at Legacies 1891http://slurl.com/secondlife/isle%20of%20legacies

We have daily regular classes detailing tips and how to use it.

Further details can be obtained from any of the Legacies StoryTellers: http://larps.net/staff.php?r=0

Enjoy and Happy RPin regardless of which direction you go. True role play isn't win or lose but a creative flow of imaginative stories. I fully believe in true immersion with a natural progressive development of a character. We are not born as Gods, we have to evolve.

In order to track character development, LaRPS stores its data on seperate servers outside SL. This enables people to save their evolution. There are some meters that are quick Plug n Play without any registration, but you tend to find they are purely for combat, eg: Zombie Kill HUDs. You also have to be careful that the data stored in the plug n play systems are stored in the scripts on the regions, thereby lending itself to crashes and data loss.

LaRPS character registration is private and no email address or personal data is stored. Just your avatar name and a secret PIN Code for you to edit your character with.

Good luck in your search and if I come across a meter system that may fit your need, I'll shout here.

If you just want a meter for special occasions and one anyone can use without registering online or configuring your sim, look at the Nordhaven Meter, there s also a tournament meter made by Lew Nightfire you can find that in Troy and then Falcon Forge. None of these meters require sim setup and control health when dean you fall down.

Sylvan Shilling wrote:

Would these work with easily accessible, inexpensive modern weapons?

Too be honest, since I do not use modern weapons I cannot tell you. 

Yes all I really want at the moment is something very basic, if we shoot you, you get wounded and fall down.
But most meters bring all sorts of extra options we don't need for just one day of rioting.
Or they require you to buy special weapons that only work with that meter.

Where can we find the Nordhaven meter?

I went to The Troyan Empire but they used something called Ura.
Couldn't find anything called Falcon Forge.

Our system is made for any type of gameplay. You can use it casually, or for very intense group fighting. The food system is to recharge your health. Training is to recharge your stamina. Yes, you will lose stamina and health on a daily basis, but if you only want to use it for 1 battle a week, you would only need to eat a few food items and do a few jumpin jacks before you fight to charge yourself up. You don't even have to pay for these items, as we will have trees that a sim owner can place on the sim and it will rez free fruit for any1 to eat. We will also have things for sim to buy for users to train on and recharge their stamina for free. The whole process would literally take a few minute and can be done while every1 is preparing to fight. You can even have a training area for warming up and killing robots or beasts or whatever. You gain stamina for every kill and you can eat their meat, but they can also kill you.

For high intensity shooter game play, we have ammo pack rezzer and health pack rezzers that the rpg owner can place around the sim, much like a FPS game. Plus, we have capture the flag. The huds have invite buttons to give free huds to friends, and comes with free food and training equipment.

We are only a couple weeks old but we have much more planned for the future.

If you are into gameplay, fight quality, then C:SI ( Combat Samurai Island) is the best, in my opinion. It's based on tradtional Japanese sword fighting but there are different kind of weapons too, like: katana, naginata, dual blades, staff, fists, some fanatasy swords, etc.. The info about players (wins/ loses/ total fights) is sent to the website: http://www.combatsi.com/e107/weeklyStats.php

I am a gamer and I would recommend this system to eveyone, it's very addicting and there is no level up, all about your skills ( of course computer, connection afffect a lot but skill is the most important here. If you are a fast learner, you can beat anyone soon), what we worry about is SL's lag and bugs.

regards,

I think unity combat system works with generic firing weapons.  And I am pretty sure its free to get, but it may cost something to setup/host, I dont know.  But I went to a place with the engine, and used a random non-specifically scripted weapon and it worked fine.

There is a leveling component, but if you turn off exp in the area, everyone will be level 1 or whatever, so it should work out.  the website is http://www.unitycore.net/

Either way, I'm just a random person thats puttered with a bunch of huds, so I wouldnt call myself an expert.