Mainland parcel not explicitly abandoned in Linden ownership

Claireschen Hesten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since 2009 i've been renting mainland in Jieut and for most of that time there's just been me and an animation store in the sim. Time zones excepted i've never seen the animation store owner around. whilst i'm used to land being bought, sold & abandoned to Governor Linden ownership in the sim i noticed something i've not come across before. As the near by animation store allowed rezzing (short auto return) i'd use it to unpack things more prims than i have available. A few days ago went over and saw there are ban lines quick about land investigation showed not banned, not on access list, no public access no parcel ID, land not cleared and now in Linden ownership (not Governor Linden) The strange thing is the person/group that owns/owned the animation store and land also owns a separate piece of land in the sim which has not gone to Linden ownership.

So with the land not explicitly abandoned and assuming tier's being kept up, it has me wondering why something like this might happen? neither knowledge base, wiki or forum search yielded any insight

Have you considered asking the person whose store it was?

If this is "public land" the store could have been a Linden "rental by lottery" and the time period was finally up - time to have another lottery and rent to another person. (I only suggest this because it is how the scheme worked for store rentals at Luna Oaks Galleria.)

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

A few days ago went over and saw there are ban lines quick about land investigation showed not banned, not on access list, no public access no parcel ID, land not cleared and now in Linden ownership (not Governor Linden)

Seems you caught it just after the tier expired. In a day or two it will either be open again or cleared, transferred to Governor Linden and listed as abandoned.

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The strange thing is the person/group that owns/owned the animation store and land also owns a separate piece of land in the sim which has not gone to Linden ownership.

Yes, that is strange but it's possible the group still has enough tier to cover the small parcel but not the big. There may be more than one person who donated tier to the group.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies will wait and see if it does get reclaimed for auction, land had been owned since 2006 never saw the owner around or any sort of development in my time would not be completely surprised if they 'vanished' from SL. i've known people do that before and had up to 3 and a half mainland sims of what was "free land" eventually be reclaimed and cleared as i wasn't accessing the sims everyday i wouldn't have noticed the Linden takeover until anything i may have had rezzed got returned

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.