You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HELLO. Hope you r all still reading these lines. whem im threw, i would like an honest opinion from oldtimers, at least as me or close.

still got my old avi.

single + get hit alot: RL and SL. used to it.

always always profile perving.

respect others, say sorry, explain myself (not from an english native speaking country but yes from parents at home).

simple in my ways. act as if SL is RL, cause i believe in being me. much less complicated. even my RL name is like SL -ily-.

i try never to lie (my avi's breast size is  smaller then my RL cause i dont wanna stop traffic:) . born blond till 30s RL but change offen SL like i do RL now days. got it?! tryin not to lie?!).

very very picky: just like RL.

SL shy, braty, *****, learned at BB,  building, dancing, talking, sexin - almost as in RL: my RLbio containung RL facts.

first:  begining of a relationship SL: in my early days SL when i was a newbie  and with old timer SL. many things in common, builtup to falling in love. lots of emotions SL+RL. had a breakup/brokenheart,  when i foundout he didnt write in profile that he is partnered. She made him change that the min she foundout about me.

my SL life changed. i became more guarded, then *****y-experimental, then learned to stay just like RL me :) happy.

at  times i became more demanding that men i am with SL be upfront, even brutal about SL+RL. just to be sure i'm not hurtin any one and no one hurts me.

made things easy when were, harder when were, and always kept true SL to my RL moto: not lie, care, keep parallels.

had a good relationships with vets and others more then my SL age. even once or twice very good friendships with newbies i helped/met.

had a long "seperation" from SL cause of RL reasons.

came back (same avi, same name, same scars, same smile, same cloths). had FUN ...

now:  met someone. got seriouse SL and RL.

SL, phone... almost every way of communication.

had a missunderstanding. cleared that up.

things r penetrating RL more and more.

we care about eachother.

NOW: we thought of meeting in RL. No details .

i think as myself as an inteligent person.

what will come next? -i dont know.

his been givven the rains.

now.

would love to hear yor thoughts. pls.

mesured, pls.

im sure my mind is hungup like a string as it is.

pls speak softly, cause my heart is wide open to hearing you.

ty

ily~

not proofed by translator/outocorrect.

Edited by ilyli
deleted personal details

I am not sure what you are asking for thoughts on.  If it is regarding an sl to rl relationship then sure that can happen.  :)

You have to be very very careful. Keep yourself safe.  Never rush into anything and if he is backing off (I might have misunderstood that part)  but its a red flag to me.

If you could explain in a simple sentence what advice you are looking for here, you might get some more responses.  Best of luck and stay safe

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am not sure what you are asking for thoughts on.  If it is regarding an sl to rl relationship then sure that can happen.  :)

You have to be very very careful. Keep yourself safe.  Never rush into anything and if he is backing off (I might have misunderstood that part)  but its a red flag to me.

If you could explain in a simple sentence what advice you are looking for here, you might get some more responses.  Best of luck and stay safe

Did anyone do it? Does it usualy  work or not?

33 minutes ago, ilyli said:

I know people who are now married rl after meeting in SL.   I know a couple now expecting their 3rd child after meeting in sl and marrying in rl.  I also know people it didn't work out for.  Every situation is different.  I would say sl is not a dating site though.  

• Thanks 1

The one thing I will add to this, @ilyli, is that - before meeting up with him (or with anyone you've met online) - you should tell someone where you're going and when, who you're meeting, and what time you expect to be back. If possible, arrange to have them call your mobile/cell phone halfway through the first meeting, and have a pre-arranged code word that you can say if you feel that you need rescuing. And, if all goes well, call that person once you're safely home, to let them know you're okay.

It may seem like a bit of an over-reaction, but it's the safe thing to do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

The one thing I will add to this, @ilyli, is that - before meeting up with him (or with anyone you've met online) - you should tell someone where you're going and when, who you're meeting, and what time you expect to be back. If possible, arrange to have them call your mobile/cell phone halfway through the first meeting, and have a pre-arranged code word that you can say if you feel that you need rescuing. And, if all goes well, call that person once you're safely home, to let them know you're okay.

And meet in a very public place with lots of people around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, ilyli said:

Several people have done it, two of whom I know. One of them invited me to be a bridesmaid at her SL wedding (I clean up nice), and they are now married in RL. Yes, it can happen.

I would not have thought to include Skell's advice but unfortunately he's right. We live in uncertain times.

You have to decide how much you will risk your heart. At some point you have to choose between protecting it and risking having it broken. I wish you the best.

• Thanks 1

people, you wont believe it but

we are making plans now.

life is bigger then i thought.

i guess, you all helped me regain strength when i felt falling apart, broken heart. 

i feel its gonna be ok now...

remember we always said, in the old days anyhow, "no drama!"

i am sorry for the drama lol

thank you ALL

sending waves of love to you...!

ily~

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2017 at 12:51 PM, Skell Dagger said:

On 10/9/2017 at 1:00 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

And meet in a very public place with lots of people around.

I cannot stress how important these pieces of advice are. A lady I met online and RL some years ago told me the horrid story of a man she'd chatted with for over a year. They finally arranged a meeting .. in his hotel room. As she walked in the door, he politely took her coat, laid it across the bed .. grabbed the desk lamp and smashed her in the face. He continued to beat her about the face and head until she passed out. A guest at the hotel heard the sounds of the beating and called police. That was the only reason she survived.

He was "off his meds" and hadn't bothered to tell her in all the time they chatted that he was ever in NEED of "meds". She still wears a few scars along her jawline and neck from the incident.

SAFETY FIRST!! ALWAYS!! Never ever EVER be afraid to protect yourself. IF the person you are meeting is truly honorable and decent then they will A) Totally understand and, B) Probably be doing the same for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also make sure close friends know who it is you'll be meeting (real life name, phone, etc), where you'll be going (public, public, public), and what time you expect to be home. Make arrangements for some sort of phone contact with at least one friend after the date's ended and you're safely home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If your going to try first I was with someone for 3 years on here traveled back and forth.  I would give it a few months build the love.  Exchange pictures just be upfront don't have to go in detail never give full info you can give them your first name never give them last tell your ready.  Talk on via cam and voice before meeting in real so see each other as you said  and to be  conferrable  you tell each other you likes wants needs desire.  Try doing a trial when meeting in real if you travel I say it best for the guy to come to the women have him book a hotel you go meet in public. But allow your close fiends and family know or bring someone along with you on this trial meeting. my friend that meet her guy in real made a deal if she was to travel her friend was coming with her so she felt safe he made the arrangements for her to come do to his work.  If he truly wants you do then book the traveling a head of time make sure 2 way one going there one coming back so if you have easy exit in meeting.  Because I was doing all the traveling from Illinois to Texas flying back and forth he arranged for fly he did few months a head I know tues can be look for deal for traveling.  He earned trust well I had to give my info for the arrangement of traveling also he said if you don't want to come the ticket can be exchanged back so gave me time to think. I went during the holidays Christmas and new years I did stay 6 months. Intuition can tell the truth Well I can read people. But I did Ok as long as you play it safe you should be alright. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

well....
it's been done.
we met.
RL.
i am alive.
IT WAS GREAT ! hahaha
almost everything he and i spoke about and then some :)
i wanna share but i dont want it to become a cheap-topic  (i was looking for a better name for it, but i'm too shy to even write it down).
i will think of a way to share the knowledge i gained, some how.
if you have an idea, PLS -  i am open for suggestions lol
inworld is better, i think, but i dont know. maybe for now - it will be enough ?!
anyhu: keep asking. i think it was a good experience, to say the least, and it's important to raise the subject.
goodluck to all of you who are trying to mix SL-RL and...
hope to hear and see you around.
thank you for being such a comfort when i was a mess of excitement and confusion LMAO
~ily

p.s.
yes.  he is alive too lol
"survived" the experience of meeting me RL  lmao
no worries: he had a smile on his face (most of the time)...well, i have a beautiful... country lol

see you laters cuties!
kiss

20171228_125132.png

• Like 2
On 10/9/2017 at 9:51 AM, Skell Dagger said:

If possible, arrange to have them call your mobile/cell phone halfway through the first meeting, and have a pre-arranged code word that you can say if you feel that you need rescuing. And, if all goes well, call that person once you're safely home, to let them know you're okay.

hmmmm, good advice. I told my sister to get a room next door to me when I was meeting someone and to listen for three knocks on the wall if something was amiss, otherwise all the racket and thrashing was normal behavior xD

• Haha 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.