Altamura Free Mesh Avatar -- Omega compatible?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a free full body and quite lovely Free Mesh (Bento) Avatar on the current Mens hunt. WITH Alpha hud it is a wonderful prize. The Omega applier at the store states that it works with "select" Altamura avatars. The notecard with the free mesh body says it comes with skin tone choices but they don't seem to be there. Not a complaint, just wondering if anyone has TRIED to see if the Omega hud will work with the free avatar.  

I don't ALWAYS want to be the beta tester.

altamura.thumb.jpg.d69407d3264b5225912fb927198f031e.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Bobbie Faulds said:

It doesn't, at least not yet. http://slpoweredbyomega.com/supported-meshes/ List of supported meshes. Best you can do is contact the creator. 

Actually as stated in my post there IS an Omega applier system available -- in the Altamura store prominently -- I was wondering if that worked with this FREE version. Evidently that list isn't quite up to date maybe. 

I think I have an Altamura head somewhere in the depths of my inventory, so I've probably bought the Omega relay for it at some point. I'll pick up the free body (which, wow, is a fantastic gift!) and have a look when I log in later today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

I think I have an Altamura head somewhere in the depths of my inventory, so I've probably bought the Omega relay for it at some point. I'll pick up the free body (which, wow, is a fantastic gift!) and have a look when I log in later today.

Yeah I do too, just haven't had a chance to grab it yet

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

There are some impressing looking things in the shop and yes a fantastic gift. The photo above is a friend, not me and he is perfectly happy with his new look. Just would like to know for other guys who really need to move into the new 'mesh arena' even if kicking and screaming. A couple always wear dark skin so this wont work well for them as is. We are what we are even in virtual land LOL.  

Thanks a bunch.  

PS you are looking for a mesh mustache (black).   Not hard to find happily or wait until someone who knows where it is TPs in - LOL. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

I checked, and I do have the Altamura Omega relay, so as soon as I have all the hunt items (it's a fairly easy one, since the item is very obvious in wireframe mode, although some people have hidden it inside mesh items, which means you need to derender the item in order to click the hunt object 9_9) I'll head home and quickly try it out.

ETA: I hit post, then head back inworld to click the next link on the HUD... and it's for Altamura! xD

Edited by Skell Dagger
3 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I checked, and I do have the Altamura Omega relay, so as soon as I have all the hunt items (it's a fairly easy one, since the item is very obvious in wireframe mode, although some people have hidden it inside mesh items, which means you need to derender the item in order to click the hunt object 9_9) I'll head home and quickly try it out.

ETA: I hit post, then head back inworld to click the next link on the HUD... and it's for Altamura! xD

Yes that derender thing is needed in some cases. I don't actually think most of them were TRYING to hide it inside other products (hence when trying to get the mustache you get the vendor to buy instead). I was looking closely (not in wireframe LOL) and the bounding box of the mesh was outside (like when using a cube for the physics) so most likely they just didn't TEST to see if folks can click.  

Four HUNDRED stars for derender. 

Thanks again.   

Nope, the relay doesn't work. However, with a head and an alpha hud this will be a great option for alts or guys wanting to try out mesh and/or bento for the first time.

Ladies there is a full body gift for you in the store as well over with the group gifts. It's a full head and body all set for Halloween with make-up and a dress. Simply buy it for 0L. There is no alpha hud and Omega doesn't work for this one either but a nice Halloween avatar nonetheless.

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

Ladies there is a full body gift for you in the store as well over with the group gifts. It's a full head and body all set for Halloween with make-up and a dress. Simply buy it for 0L. There is no alpha hud and Omega doesn't work for this one either but a nice Halloween avatar nonetheless.

And only L$20 to join the group in order to nab any of the other group gifts.  :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

Nope, the relay doesn't work. However, with a head and an alpha hud this will be a great option for alts or guys wanting to try out mesh and/or bento for the first time.

Thanks for letting us know. I really didn't think it would be Omega compatible but with the alpha hud it is very usable for lots of guys. Good to know about the gals gift. Will check that out! Some impressive things in the store for sure. 

Wohoo this is REALLY generous!

And if the Omega works, then this is a fully working mesh avatar, possible to customize. His alpha HUD is really good. Much more that expected for a freebie. Ordinary mesh eyes fit without editing. So great!

My mALTs have all Catwa heads and various bodies, but we will get this one too.....

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Wohoo this is REALLY generous!

And if the Omega works, then this is a fully working mesh avatar, possible to customize. His alpha HUD is really good. Much more that expected for a freebie. Ordinary mesh eyes fit without editing. So great!

My mALTs have all Catwa heads and various bodies, but we will get this one too.....

NOT Omega compatible. You missed the replies above :D. Still very nice gift. 

Yes, I have picked up this free Men's Only Hunt gift from Altamura, it is an absolutely wonderful deal! I just about fell over when I realized that you could adjust the mesh avatar head and body using the sliders, AND you had a HUD with many, many alpha choices! Really, the number of alpha choices you can make with the free included HUD is just amazing compared to other male mesh avatar HUDs I have tried (Signature Gianni and Belleza Jake).

Even better, you can alpha out the head completely, turn off the hair, eyelashes and teeth using the buttons on the included HUD, and use any other Bento head! I have tried the Altamura mesh body with the latest gift Bento mesh head from Akeruka (the Keiji one), set at the lightest possible skintone, and it matches well!

Altamura is very smart to have this as a free hunt item, as the male mesh avatar market is already pretty crowded. What better way to promote your brand than by giving away a freebie mesh avatar body and head? Sure it's got a limited HUD compared to the paid model, but it's a brilliant promotion. The Altamura store was absolutely PACKED when I sent in my male alt to get the gift.

My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that you cannot turn off the Bento head animations, which I am not a fan of in general. But it's FREE!!

Somebody has even made a bilingual YouTube video! 

I am going to have to join the Altamura group for L$20 and try out the women's Halloween mesh body and head, just to see how it compares to the male one. 

I really do hope that Altamura has a similar gift for women in a future hunt!!

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, bebejee said:

Joining fee is now 40 L.

And currently (for maybe just today as it is the end of the month AND year) there is a free Gizelle head for WOMEN at eBento (another thread) --- as well as a different free male body and head combo available at the altamura store. It is darker skin but similar to the one shown in this thread above. You can alpha the head on the body combo and use another head (Akeruka's fit well so guessing others would also). 

THE NEW BODY is at Teleport Hub group gift ($10 to join) and currently you can find the body near the door around the corner in a Teleport Hub floor vendor. 

5a48ce39a6d34_BroGifts.thumb.jpg.c98af36979e061861fa496676849d0e3.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.