How do I find Alexandria Linden?

Ipovolia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anybody with a last name of Linden is or was an LL employee.  Some of them did make some of the starter items and you'll find them all in the Library in your inventory.  However you will have no luck in getting anything more than what is already thre.  I'm pretty sure they don't do custom orders.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ipovolia said:

I have one of the new avatars, and I am trying to track down the origin of my skin, and it says she's the one who made it.

As far as I know there is not and never was an Alexandria Linden. Linden Lab has a number of administrative accounts for different purposes and not associated with any particular person such as Governor Linden, Molly Linden and Magellan Linden. Alexandria is one of those account and it was created purely as a place to hold the library inventory.

Alexandria with an i is not a female name btw. The account is named after an Egyptian city famous for its library.

2 hours ago, ChinRey said:

As far as I know there is not and never was an Alexandria Linden. Linden Lab has a number of administrative accounts for different purposes and not associated with any particular person such as Governor Linden, Molly Linden and Magellan Linden. Alexandria is one of those account and it was created purely as a place to hold the library inventory.

Alexandria with an i is not a female name btw. The account is named after an Egyptian city famous for its library.

https://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-alexandria-180.htm

29 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Besides the namology ... which of the current new avatars do show a system skin anyway?

I was under the impression that they're all full mesh with no bits of the underlaying skin showing.

Then you haven't been paying attention! Both the latest batch of Bento avatars and the previous batch of so-called 'classic' starter avatars have used the standard avatar base and skin, but with mesh clothing and accessories.

You're thinking of the batch of 'mesh avatars' prior to those, which came out about three years ago in May 2014. Keep up! :P

Edited by wesleytron

On 10/7/2017 at 7:52 PM, Ipovolia said:

If any of you was half as clever as you pretend, you would have pointed me in the direction where I could have found a similar skin.

I had no expectation that Alexandria Linden was a real person. But someone using such an account took a full skin, edited it, and posted it. I'm not looking for custom work, just the unedited skin.

And of course Alexandria is a women's name. It's been in use since the 13th century. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ipovolia said:

If any of you was half as clever as you pretend, you would have pointed me in the direction where I could have found a similar skin.

I had no expectation that Alexandria Linden was a real person. But someone using such an account took a full skin, edited it, and posted it. I'm not looking for custom work, just the unedited skin.

And of course Alexandria is a women's name. It's been in use since the 13th century. 

It would have helped if you'd said which skin you're trying to match.

Also, there's very little that's unusual or unique about the starter avatar skins; there are probably many that are very similar to them.

Regardless, you did ask where you could find Alexandria Linden, implying that you thought there was a single person who you could contact, and you were told that there isn't a single person you could contact.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 4

On 10/7/2017 at 5:52 PM, Ipovolia said:

I have one of the new avatars, and I am trying to track down the origin of my skin, and it says she's the one who made it.

7 hours ago, Ipovolia said:

I had no expectation that Alexandria Linden was a real person. 

Okay  

O.o

Me thinks you were not very clear in stating what you actually wanted.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2017 at 12:52 AM, Ipovolia said:

I think it's lovely, and I want to get a complete one. 

As I understand it, the skins for the recent avatar releases were, in fact, created by Moles in the Linden Department of Public Works -- that is, by residents working as contractors for LL.     I think your best chance of finding out who actually created the skin in question is to identify the starter avatar you're interested in and hope that one of the Moles spots the post and brings it to the attention of the Moles who work on avatar creation.  

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.