Declined Card

Revael

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi so heres what happens I have a VISA prepaid debit card, a myvaniella card that you can get from Family Dollar, I had one since a while now and It has been working on Sl, but now it does not want to take it ti says declined, with the funds on it, I looked around and i also seen secondlife does not take Debit cards anymore, heres my question I have a Bank card from State Employees Credit Union which is a bank, it is a bank debit card..will that work as a payment method on secondlife?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Revael said:

Hi so heres what happens I have a VISA prepaid debit card, a myvaniella card that you can get from Family Dollar, I had one since a while now and It has been working on Sl, but now it does not want to take it ti says declined, with the funds on it, I looked around and i also seen secondlife does not take Debit cards anymore, heres my question I have a Bank card from State Employees Credit Union which is a bank, it is a bank debit card..will that work as a payment method on secondlife?

You need a credit card or a verified paypal or skrill account .  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Revael said:

You can set up a PayPal or Skrill account and back it up with your bank card.  Just be sure to actually pull money from your bank into the PayPal/Skrill account before you want to use it - i.e. keep a balance in that account.  LL will not wait on the few days it normally takes for a bank transfer to happen. If the funds are not immediately available for whatever you want to do, the transaction will fail.

Side note - you will need to go through the procedures necessary to make the PayPal or Skrill account 'verified'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can set up a PayPal or Skrill account and back it up with your bank card.  Just be sure to actually pull money from your bank into the PayPal/Skrill account before you want to use it - i.e. keep a balance in that account.  LL will not wait on the few days it normally takes for a bank transfer to happen. If the funds are not immediately available for whatever you want to do, the transaction will fail.

Side note - you will need to go through the procedures necessary to make the PayPal or Skrill account 'verified'.

So basically what youre saying is, I can use my bank debit card, just have it on paypal, link my bank account on paypal..and verify my bank account to use paypal?

Just now, Revael said:

So basically what youre saying is, I can use my bank debit card, just have it on paypal, link my bank account on paypal..and verify my bank account to use paypal?

Yep - and actually have the funds already transferred into the paypal account when you are ready to use it in SL.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Revael said:

Yup, Linden Lab doesn't accept that card, but if PayPal wants to, that's fine.  All Linden Lab cares about is being sure that they can get their money. As soon as PayPal verifies they they will accept your card, it becomes their problem, not Linden Lab's, if you decide to skip town.  Linden Lab does want to be sure that they get paid immediately, which is why Li'l Me emphasized that you must have a cash balance in your PayPal account.  Your bank cannot transfer money to PayPal fast enough, so unless PayPal already has cash in your account, your LL purchase will time out.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.