VampireAllana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've looked around and saw a few videos on how to change the skin, but nothing specific to what i want to do. I have all ready once made this character on SL's normal avi http://www.furaffinity.net/view/21990087/

made the textures and everything. I want to recreate that on the Maitreya body. 

they "furry" parts with the normal SL avi are a mixture of this https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sculpted-Furry-Cheetah-natural-orange/1904830  and this https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Ice-Snow-Mew/2410095 I have all the textures and stuff but they are for the normal sl avi. What do I need to do to put the textures I made on the mesh? Do I need to totally remake the body texture? get an applier? 

You will need to create your very own applier. I can't tell you how, because I have never done that, but thats what you should check out. But before you jump into how to make appliers for Maitreya, make sure your furry body parts fit together with the Maitreya. Would be a shame, if you spend so much time on learning to then find out that you can't put your avatar together.

Head over to the Maitreya store or the Omega Solutions store. At Maitreya, the kit is where the body is. You want the developer kit. The Omega kit, you go to the Omega  Solutions sim and find the blue crystal. Chose developer corner and you'll land in front of it. Just follow the directions for making your applier hud. Omega is a bit easier to make and you can get help at the Omega Support group in world.

I have to "disagree" to one specific aspect: personally, I don't really see that one dev kit would be harder to handle than the other.

But aside from that fine detail ... the process is really easy, as long as you have the needed textures and most of all, their UUIDs. 
Essentially, you rez a prim, put the required script from the DevKit inside, enter the UUIDs in the configuration (a notecard or a script dialogue) ... and you're done.

5 hours ago, Bobbie Faulds said:

Head over to the Maitreya store or the Omega Solutions store. At Maitreya, the kit is where the body is. You want the developer kit.

This.

There are several sub-kits for various appliers but each have short and well written instructions.  It is super easy to add your own textures to custom appliers. 

The main reason I suggested the Omega is the support group is there to help and Chellyne has made video tutorials. It may have changed but last I checked, the Maitreya group doesn't allow chat. You can contact the creator of Maitreya and she does get back to you if you need help. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.