You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please if you see this in your main chat do not call the number. they are not second life its a scam.......... i almost gave them 400$ and i have called linden labs about this and they know of this now.... I just want all of you to know so you dont fall for it .and if this is the wrong place to post this i am sorry. this show up in red on main chat 

Message From Secondlife:
                          Your Account Has Been Compromised Please Contact Secondlife Support <Removed>And Get This Issue Resolved.                                                                                                                                                        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     Possible Reasons Are:
                          -You Have Touched Unknown Objects.
                          -You Have Been On Unsolicited Websites And Shared Your Account Info.
                         -You Have Shared Your Passwords With Someone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     Please Contact Secondlife Support <Removed> And Get This Issue Resolved.

Edited by Kristin Linden
Removing for Security

• Administrators

Hey zoeking75!

Thanks for reporting this! We are aware of this phishing scam going around recently. We ask that if you do receive this message to block the individual and immediately file an Abuse Report. Do NOT under any circumstances call the number provided in that message, as it is an attempt to phish and scam Residents. We will never contact you in-world in such a manner if we believe your account has been compromised.

When completing the report, please provide as much detail as you can and include a screen shot if possible. If an account name is not available, please file the report as using the account name of "Governor Linden" and include an explanation in the details. 

For more information on Abuse Reports, please read our Guide to Filing an Abuse Report in the Second Life Knowledge Base. 
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

If you ever feel that your account is compromised, we encourage you to reset your password and contact Support. You can find all of our Support Phone Numbers and can submit a case here:

https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/

Edited by Kristin Linden
typing is hard
  • Thanks 5

• 6 months later...

Speaking of scams i recently received an IM by something or someone called catwaibentoheads, sending me an update for Catwa Bento Heads, it was the V2.3. Since I don't own any Catwa Head I discarded it. But now it has happened again. Could this be a scam?

Edited by Yokasta47
errors

1 hour ago, Yokasta47 said:

Speaking of scams i recently received an IM by something or someone called catwaibentoheads, sending me an update for Catwa Bento Heads, it was the V2.3. Since I don't own any Catwa Head I discarded it. But now it has happened again. Could this be a scam?

Yes my friend got it to, she even was curious enough to open it in a noscript sandbox (don't do it at home, kids, leave that stuff to the weird programmers in the basement er professionals) and it contains SURPRISE! a no mod script you could not read... (now who would have supsected that one?)

file an abuse report with a screenshot with item properties on the accout of last owner (who sent it to you, right click last owner and select report to do so) Now here's the bad catch: last owner could be another victim, when you wear the item it could as well (owner now is you, remember?) send out replicas of itself to all around you...

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.