Vellie Wasp

Any one heard of Owner quiting SL and gonna rehab ??

So recently I had Mistress abannon me and left me all bound up and gag. I received a IM saying she quiting SL and gonna into rehab for second life a video game. I never heard of an  thing like this before. Do you think it real or lie? I ask my family in RL they say could be fake. But I am not sure on this . any way what you think?

There really are inpatient and outpatient programs for video game addictions.  Whether or not you Mistress is going into such a program is anyone's guess.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You told your RL family that your virtual (?) mistress left you all bound up and gagged? ... Respect!

Besides that: well, people say a lot of things. You probably know better if she'd be one of the liar types or not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Whatever she is doing, you do not need her, not in SL, just move on, find someone else, make the most of your SL.

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

Whatever she is doing, you do not need her, not in SL, just move on, find someone else, make the most of your SL.

That's a rather simplistic way of looking at it. I can state a few flaws with your observation. 1: You do not decide what the needs of others are. You might mean well but that's the simple fact of the matter (and something I learned the hard way myself). 2: The original poster says "abanan", but often when people put in distance it's because they care, not because they don't. The typos also make me question the original posters emotional state which can cloud judgement.

As for the topic itself, there's more to it then just SL itself. It's the people on it. I've both been through and had others go through really hard times in Furcadia myself. Code black scenarios. It is quite possible that this person is not lying and is indeed struggling to cope with herself and the events she's gone through on SL. SL is not just "a game" (at least it's not that to a lot of people). It's much more then that. It's a place where people are people and have things going on. Sometimes they get close despite pretending (or even genially) not wanting to be. Perhaps this mistress wants to be close to people on SL and thinking it's impossible when it's not and yet is too afraid too, so keeps "pretending" and in so doing may not be able to handle that distance. Could as easily be a case of not close enough as much as too close. In being close it might be why she's left. Or it could be the OP that  wanted to be close and it might have seemed "pushy", which might have scared off the mistress (It happens). I don't know the details but I do know people often misinterpret things. Even when they care. this tends to to result in distance. And at times not even being online for a while. Such things do happen. And have happened with me. Such things in my case have been resolved and somehow lead to getting closer. So that's a silver lining I suppose (but not a guarantee. It's up to the mistress after all).

My owner went off SL for a bit. Because she considered MOST of it dramatic. But not so with me. To this end it's a simple case of "MOST people on SL are what's causing the stress". She's one of those "Try to be nice" types. As such she is reluctant to not respond to people. We enjoy SL together by focusing on each other on it. eg: SL isn't the problem. It's the people on it that cause the stress. Change the company and you change the environment. When I voiced my concerns about it happening again her response was "I won't let them". So following this logic, IF the cause of the stress for the mistress if other things then the OP then she might need to be able to go "I won't let these other people causing me stress on SL drive me away from you". However, this is only if it's others. If it is the OP then that means there's difficulties between the the Op and the mistress. In which case all I can really say is communication. May or may not be both of these things.

But what Talligurl is somewhat true in some ways. Only the logic could well be applying in reverse order. This person hasn't just cut SL out of their lives. They, at least for the time being, have decided to cut the OP out as well since they are on it. But it's not "SL" that's the problem. It's whatever is on SL that is causing this mistress the stress. And it's quite possible the OP might be a factor in that. Not intentionally of course. It's just normal for people to struggle with each other and put in some degree of distance. Hopefully it's a temporary thing and they talk to them again. If not, they didn't make the time for them to maintain an interest (at least not until they approach again but can't be waiting around forever). You don't have to "move on" in that position. But I would advise to interact with others and make the most of that is someone isn't yet there for you. If only because they wouldn't want to hold you back from being happy with others when they're not there. Wherever the door is kept open with this mistress or not is the decision of the OP and the OP alone. Personally I always keep the door open. Part of what Talligurl said is quite true. Just like IRL make the most of your SL.

There is also the possibility that the mistress is "Being angry" at the OP (this can complicate things. Let's just say I'm on good terms with a previous angry, spiteful ex). But I wouldn't be so quick to assume as such. Bound and gagged on SL can be resolved by disabling RLV if you really need to work around it. Some people are fine with being left "as is" as well (I for one don't mind since it's close company only). If it wasn't talked about then it's something that might need to be (genially speaking). The mistress might have got caught up in dramatic IMs and simply forgot due to being overwhelmed which she might keep to herself and not share due to being that bad or something. Any number of things could happen to cause this. Not the least of which is lack of communication on the matter.

Speaking of which, we don't know this mistress. The OP does. To quote Lillith "you know her better".

Edited by Taramafor