Failed to find body part named ....in database.

Ava Suivios

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My system crashed awhile ago and I reinstalled Second Life. A specific body part is in my lost and found folder. Every time I try on this item, a message pops up saying , "Failed to find body part named New New Shape in database."  It's been several months now...and it's still like this. I tried a lot of things like clearing my cache, contacting support, etc.

I worked so hard to create this item :( ( lol I sound like a whiner but it's true)

Are there any other ways I can find this item and get it back??Can you.. somebody, please help me with this???

2 answers to this question

Just a few other things to check.  Is the item in lost and found displayed as a link?  If so, perhaps the link is wrong.  Type the name of the shape into the text box on top of your inventory - this will tell you where the shape is stored on your inventory.

If the item was returned to your inventory with other items it is possible you are 'clicking' on a packaged object (an object that was returned to you that contains other objects.)   The object will have a rubik cube shape figure in front of it if this is the case.  If so, go to a sandbox and rez the package - take into inventory and take the object back from the sandbox.  Then wear.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.