Jump to content
johnboy Snoodle

Vampire bite with no warning or knowledge.

Recommended Posts

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

yes, but this only counts for the full players, if you'r just bitten and still human you have no recurring costs

also a full vampire that bites a human, should gove the human a apple to restore the blood

Not more strange than Gor. At least you can get an apple.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>> Could I wear the HUD later and the sould be transferred from the Abyss to the vamp who gives me the HUD?
I don't remember how it works ... I was in a Clan years before Rhonda existed, but basically yes.  It may be something different you have to buy and give the player whoes soul you want to recover.

>> Can vamps buy blood in bottles from the bloodlines system, in case they have no one to feed from?
Yes.   There are tanks you can buy to store harvested blood.  You can buy/sell/trade with other people.  You can buy a potion that acts like you drank blood  but cannot be used in the storage tanks.  Blood and biting is a constant resource sink that needs to be filled either with spam bite requests or buying items for L$.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnyaJurelle said:

I bet the apples don't come cheap, either. Amiright?

12 or 13 L$ if i'm not wrong...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got ghouled..

It's not so bad really.. The work hours suck but,the pay is awesome! \o/

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Wow! Way to rake in the $$$!

I searched the MP.

Pfff, one of the HUDs to stop the vampire, from loosing blood, cost as much as a mesh body plus a new Bento head. 7999 L!

:o

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to play a vampire game, it is a good system.  Bite requests keep it consensual which is a good thing but comes with the overhead of spam-pires.  In theory a vampire will seduce their victim.  In practice, spam-pires abound.  The whole soul system helps rank clans by power.  I feel the system would do better without it. But it is what it is.

I know almost nothing about the competing system other than feeding is not consensual.  You just tag someone and it happens.  The victim is never spammed with a request.  The upside is the victim is not involved in the game as anything other than an anonymous person in a crowd.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I searched the MP.

Pfff, one of the HUDs to stop the vampire, from loosing blood, cost as much as a mesh body plus a new Bento head. 7999 L!

:o

Ouch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

They ruin the avatar they bite without the HUD, he/she isn't possible to collect the soul of anymore. So why? Why does vamps spam bite requests, bite requests, bite requests? It has to be some benefit for them, or else I don't get it.

Per the Bloodlines website, if someone is bitten without the HUD but later joins the system by buying a HUD, whoever first bit them will gain ownership of their soul.  

So it could be that the vamps send out random bite requests, not only to feed, but hoping that the bitten will join the system and then the biter gains the soul.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a pity someone hasn't evened the odds a bit and come up with the opposite of BL - like with a 'Vamp Slayer' game - no permissions needed, just kill - and then show their names on a webpage of 'slain vampires' - the most number of vamp deaths to one person, the more powerful (or however the BL system works in reverse).

That might keep some people happy, I'd imagine.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My point in asking about the competing system was if they have something equivalent to a points per soul system without needing a HUD on the victim, then Bloodlines wouldn't necessarily need the victim to have a HUD either. I still wonder if perhaps Phil, Dillon and BilliJo might not ALL be right, just for different periods in time.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BilliJo Aldrin On the slight off-chance that my memory has totally deserted me from a mere 3½ years ago when I allegedly joined Bloodlines, I've IMed LittleAbs, the owner of my 'soul', and asked her how it came about. I'm waiting for a reply. I wouldn't bet my RL house that I wasn't involved in the transfer, simply because my memory does fail me occasionally. But it's only 3½ years ago, and I do remember agreeing to be bitten at least twice that distance in the past, so I can't understand how I would have completely forgotten a follow-up that involved wearing the HUD just a few years ago. Nevertheless, I'm making an enquiry.

What I would bet my RL house on, and more, is the fact that I've never joined Bloodlines with a view to, or even the slightest thought of, participating in that 'game'. I'd bet a significant amount that I've never worn their HUD, but not as much as my RL house.

You still owe me an apology for calling me a liar - and I won't forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a vampire myself and have a confession to make..

While all you guys were looking the other way,I super glued a sign on everyone's back that say's..Bit by Ceka and you liked it.

Cause I'm ninja like dat..

hehehehe

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I still wonder if perhaps Phil, Dillon and BilliJo might not ALL be right, just for different periods in time.

I wouldn't assume the database runs bug free and has kept an accurate record for the past dozen or so years, either.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Problem solved. LittleAbs got back to me and it seems that she bought the hud for me (or gave me the money for it) so that she could acquire my 'soul'. So I have worn one just that once, and for that prupose. And it appears that doing someone a favour made me a member of Bloodlines. They probably have a myriad of people who never 'joined' for their own benefit, and probably claim a lot more members than they've ever had.

The bite, I do remember, and no hud was involved. It's amazing that I've forgotten anything about the later event.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

@BilliJo Aldrin I'm waiting for an apology from you.

Lets see, Bloodlines offers proof on its webpage that you wore the hud, and were bitten, you were and are an active member in the bloodlines database, a blood doll to be specific.

On the other hand all you can offer is vague statements of "i can't remember,  it was so long ago, I simply don't know".

If bloodlines says you are an active blood doll, that is what you are.

As I said before, If it really bothers you that much, wear the garlic necklace, activate it, then remove it and put in in the trash and your whole relationship with bloodlines will be erased.

It is you that owe me an apology for attacking me simply for presenting to everyone the proof that you are an active member of bloodlines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Ok. Problem solved. LittleAbs got back to me and it seems that she bought the hud for me (or gave me the money for it) so that she could acquire my 'soul'. So I have worn one just that once, and for that prupose. And it appears that doing someone a favour made me a member of Bloodlines. They probably have a myriad of people who never 'joined' for their own benefit, and probably claim a lot more members than they've ever had.

The bite, I do remember, and no hud was involved. It's amazing that I've forgotten anything about the later event.

oh my, well then, I'm waiting for my apology 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

@BilliJo Aldrin On the slight off-chance that my memory has totally deserted me from a mere 3½ years ago when I allegedly joined Bloodlines, I've IMed LittleAbs, the owner of my 'soul', and asked her how it came about. I'm waiting for a reply. I wouldn't bet my RL house that I wasn't involved in the transfer, simply because my memory does fail me occasionally. But it's only 3½ years ago, and I do remember agreeing to be bitten at least twice that distance in the past, so I can't understand how I would have completely forgotten a follow-up that involved wearing the HUD just a few years ago. Nevertheless, I'm making an enquiry.

What I would bet my RL house on, and more, is the fact that I've never joined Bloodlines with a view to, or even the slightest thought of, participating in that 'game'. I'd bet a significant amount that I've never worn their HUD, but not as much as my RL house.

You still owe me an apology for calling me a liar - and I won't forget.

I never called you a liar,  I simply pointed out that your version of the events didn't match with whats on the bloodlines database.

Feel free to remember me for as long as you want,  but you won't be getting any apologies from me for you faulty memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

My point in asking about the competing system was if they have something equivalent to a points per soul system without needing a HUD on the victim, then Bloodlines wouldn't necessarily need the victim to have a HUD either. I still wonder if perhaps Phil, Dillon and BilliJo might not ALL be right, just for different periods in time.

The victim doesn't need to have a hud to be bitten and registered as having lost their soul in bloodlines. That's what people complain about, the fact that you are not notified that you will be put into the data base if you accept the bite 

If a bloodlines victim doesn't have the hud, the vampire gets a blood fix (value 15 L) the human loses his soul to the abyss, and the victims name shows up on the vampires master bite list.

The vampire only collects the soul if they are the first one to bite the human after the hud is worn by the victim.

Only souls that have been taken thru the hud that the human wears count for the vampires rank and standing.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...