cmlu

Adding wrong head!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all, I've been having some issues regarding my head.

I'm new at second life and I recently bought a new mesh head at genesis lab (Olivia??). However, I tried another demo head afterwards and now when I try to put my Olivia mesh head on, it does not work, it adds the demo I had tried and has the word "demo" written all over her face. 

I have deleted the demo contents, detached everything that was on my body, but it keeps doing it. Help!

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, cmlu said:

Hi all, I've been having some issues regarding my head.

I'm new at second life and I recently bought a new mesh head at genesis lab (Olivia??). However, I tried another demo head afterwards and now when I try to put my Olivia mesh head on, it does not work, it adds the demo I had tried and has the word "demo" written all over her face. 

I have deleted the demo contents, detached everything that was on my body, but it keeps doing it. Help!

Keep in mind its 7 am for me.. and only half a cuppa drunk so far...

Is it possible you have applied a demo skin to your head and need to reapply your regular skin?

• Like 2

That's probably it!

I read online that I cannot detach or delete skin, but only replace it. How do I go about doing that?

2 minutes ago, cmlu said:

How do I go about doing that?

Just like wearing anything else, as if you were putting on a new dress.  Find the new skin in your inventory, right click on it, and select Wear. It will replace whatever you are using now.   You always need to be wearing a skin, which just means that you can't remove one without simultaneously putting a new one on.

This is the folder of the head I bought.

I don't seem to have a skin that comes with it (unless I just don't know what I'm looking at right now...)

Really sorry for the bother...

image.png.d331d7c748b6d48423252f6fbce5320b.png 

Never tried a Genesis HUD so far, but from that list, I'd say that the HUD_Genesis_Head-Olivia_2.0_CREAM object might be a skin texture applier for your head.
Unless it's the original box which you kept as a back-up...

Rolig's explanation is focused on system skins - that's what you see when you are not wearing any mesh body parts. Just the plain, old school, original SL body, usually referred to as "classic avatar".

But since you're using a mesh head, its "skins" are assigned with the help of an applier object. In short: press a button, wait a moment, watch your head texture changing.

In a way, you picked a rather user friendly option for your head. Genesis does not work with the third-party system Omega in terms of skins, so you don't have to "bother" with that. 
So always keep looking for signs or text hints for Genesis appliers. It's a much smaller field, you might say.

29 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Never tried a Genesis HUD so far, but from that list, I'd say that the HUD_Genesis_Head-Olivia_2.0_CREAM object might be a skin texture applier for your head.
Unless it's the original box which you kept as a back-up...

Rolig's explanation is focused on system skins - that's what you see when you are not wearing any mesh body parts. Just the plain, old school, original SL body, usually referred to as "classic avatar".

But since you're using a mesh head, its "skins" are assigned with the help of an applier object. In short: press a button, wait a moment, watch your head texture changing.

In a way, you picked a rather user friendly option for your head. Genesis does not work with the third-party system Omega in terms of skins, so you don't have to "bother" with that. 
So always keep looking for signs or text hints for Genesis appliers. It's a much smaller field, you might say.

This is what the HUD looks like. I have clicked on everything (including clearing the face layer) but the demo skin is still on....

image.thumb.png.18eb4f0827b2c1a4ac78d3b943f9f246.png

Oh!!! When I changed the eyebrows, the "demo demo demo demo" that was written on her face disappeared!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.