Sign in to follow this  
SwazeyRivers

Aditi Problem

Hello SL users. 

I'm using Aditi Firestorm OS if that matters.

For a few months now I have been having issues with Second Life Aditi grid.  I've reinstalled, have done a clean install, have turned my graphics way down, and it's still the same thing.  

Basically what is happening is, I'll log into Aditi, It'll take at least a good 30 minutes of loading because of my inventory from my main chairacter, and then during that 30 minutes, I'll end up loosing connection.  

Now I know that wifi is slower than a stable connection - Which I'm currently on wifi.. but I've never had this problem until the new release of the bento viewer has come out.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem... and may know how to fix it... because when I'm loading, I continuously turn my wifi off and then turn it back on and it loads a little more and then stops, then loads again, and I have to do it 5/6 times before everything is loaded. 

Thanks

Some things to try -

different viewers - Firestorm is reputed to use the most in computer resources ('heavy'), while others like Singularity, Cool VL and Kokua are said to be lighter

having a clear out/box up on the main's inventory. too many items in a folder seems to cause problems even more than a high inventory count in general.

a low inventory building alt for Aditi. I really like having an alt with an inventory structure geared towards building. It's akin to having a clear desk instead of trying to work in a jumble sale. :)

----

If any of these help but can't be a permanent solution for whatever reason, they might help you narrow down the source of the problems and find better fixes.

Thanks.  

I just found it strange because it worked before even on my main avatar, and the only reason I use my main is because all my mesh bodies are on it, I don't feel like repurchasing the mesh bodies again just to have it on an alt, that's a lot of money, but I'll see how it goes. :)