is there a new section 4.5

Draganaevans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i got this email from LL about me selling my L$ that i earn in game and i am very confused maybe its some misunderstanding or a faked email sent to me? as i do not see a section 4.5 at all

Thank you for responding to our request. We have received all of your information at this time and your credits will be processed shortly. 

In addition, we would like to remind you that Second Life’s process-credit system is meant to benefit our customers by allowing them to process credits received as a result of their in-world activity (e.g., content creation, Second Life business, transactions with other residents for in-world purposes, etc.). Pursuant to Section 4.5 of the Terms of Service, Linden Lab grants you a limited license to use the Linden dollar for such in-world activities. The use, or transfer, of Linden Dollars for reasons or arrangements outside of Second Life is strictly prohibited. If we such activity to continue, your account(s) may be placed on hold or terminated.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Regards,
Compliance Department
Edited by Draganaevans

5 answers to this question

There are some things about that email that make me suspicious.

First of all, what "request" are they referring to that you apparently responded to?  LL will never send you an email asking for your login information or personal data.  

Second, the reference to a nonexistent section of the TOS.

Third, a serious grammatical error in the last sentence, "...if we such an activity to continue..."

It IS true that $L cannot be used as a medium of exchange to pay for goods or services outside of Second Life.  If, for example, you sold something on eBay and took $L in exchange, and then sold those $L on the LindeX and are trying to do a Process Credit transaction to turn them back into real money in your RL bank account, that would be against the TOS, and you're being warned not to do it again.  Assuming, of course, that the email IS from LL.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Open a ticket and paste in the email contents and ask LL what they are talking about.

IF this comes from LL, i htink it already will be in a ticket, all transfer /process credit issues i ever encountered in all these years , were responded to in the support portal.

The emails that are send are just copies of the responsses on the ticket.

It looks as if someone has referred to a non-existant part of the TOS.  Probably a typo that should be corrected.   You will find the information you are looking for in the Second Life TOS as Sect 3.3:

3.3. Linden Dollars may not be purchased or sold outside of the LindeX exchange.

Any purchase or sale of Linden Dollars through any means other than the LindeX is not permitted and is considered a violation of these Terms of Service which may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

I suggest submitting a Support Case to ask for clarification.

Edited by Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.