MariaRosia

Who else is against the afk sex doll places?

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

See the detriments I listed above. You're not going to see exotic(high tri count heads/bodies/hair/accessories) avatars, esp exotic bento avatars and esp w/o attachment support which is needed to facilitate many RP and interactive elements used in AFK.

Most people in AFK places are boringly butt-naked.. No worries about needing to attach clothing to compete.

For interactivity, animesh is already an object, turn it into a linkset and you can reliably click on it regardless of movement.

We're talking about a very passive experience here, it doesn't take much to compete. I've literally had more fun humping a plywood box.

4 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

used in AFK.

FWIW, I was talking about sex dolls as in the currently available mesh "dolls" with animations which only animate the user.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:36 PM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Most people in AFK places are boringly butt-naked.. No worries about needing to attach clothing to compete.

For interactivity, animesh is already an object, turn it into a linkset and you can reliably click on it regardless of movement.

We're talking about a very passive experience here, it doesn't take much to compete. I've literally had more fun humping a plywood box.

If you look at the ones that actually make tips, there’s usually something unique and interesting about them.

They also typically utilize interactive elements such as It’s Not Mine, VAW, and strippable clothing, and often can be moved around and positioned on different furniture. All of those elements will need to be incorporated into the objects. That’s a lot of work to produce something that doesn’t really earn much money, especially when it becomes a bland clone you can find anywhere.

On top of that, if you talk to anyone who does AFK sex work successfully, they’ll tell you they frequently get messages from their clients and often maintain correspondence, so there’s clearly an interpersonal element to this. I would hazard to guess that part of the appeal for some  is the feeling of sexually possessing someone’s avatar, and for others it may be that they are very shy, or don’t enjoy emoting, or hate what passes for flirting in SL, but still want a sexual connection to a person even if it’s not as direct and immediate.

It’s kind of typical of these forums that people who clearly aren’t involved in something and even express distaste for it are absolutely certain of what the future of it will be. I couldn’t say for sure myself, only having an alt who is a part time AFK doll and not being into it otherwise, but I am sure that like most human activities and desires there’s a lot more going on psychologically than people on the outside are really going to understand.

11 minutes ago, Cromulence DeGroot said:

It’s kind of typical of these forums that people who clearly aren’t involved in something

Notice the OP was a one time poster over a year ago posting what IMO was a clickbait thread and has never been back to take part in their "discussion". so not really a typical forum poster.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Notice the OP was a one time poster over a year ago posting what IMO was a clickbait thread and has never been back to take part in their "discussion". so not really a typical forum poster.  

I was referring to the poster I quoted, the one who likes banging plywood.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Cromulence DeGroot said:

Well, giving him the benefit of doubt, he has not responded yet with the request for more information about his plywood.

:SwingingFriends:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cromulence DeGroot said:

And I think your arguments are completely valid.

I'm no stranger to AFK places and practices. I'm occasionally found hanging out in a couple AFK places because I have friends who frequently visit those areas. Not to mention I've been on both ends of that experience more than once. (Completely lost interest at this point though.) There is definitely a difference between those obvious bots with empty profiles vs clearly active main accounts with lots of history.

I stand by my plywood husband though. Never forget.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Confused 1

AFK dolls have nothing to worry about, regarding animesh.  AFK'ers are usually real people behind the avatar.  There is usually interaction between them and clients, and the successful ones get recurring customers due to this interaction.  Animesh would be similar to blow-up dolls. ;)

I personally love the AFK sex doll places. I get a hoot out of them. Mostly they are empty and most of the participants are bots. So it helps LL numbers by having 1,000 virtual sex dolls (guys and Girls) on the grid. I get a kick out of the positions, the outfits, the outrageous bust and ***** sizes. Let them live, they hurt nobody..

Let the snotty critism begin.

1 hour ago, femhalf said:

There is usually interaction between them and clients, and the successful ones get recurring customers due to this interaction.

So they are cheap live prostitutes, not AFK prostitutes - LOL

On 11/30/2018 at 6:36 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I've literally had more fun humping a plywood box.

For a bit of XMas spirit...

e99862052ec5e3668f0efa2431cc379f.thumb.jpg.3018cbc12f613c28eeb5da4fefc78e8a.jpg

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, JoeDex said:

and most of the participants are bots.

Silly boy...

Why pay money for "bot software" when you can use actual avatars with nobody at the keyboard for FREE.

Most of them are not "bots" they are alts with no hands on the keyboard, AFK... As advertised...

9 hours ago, JoeDex said:

Let the snotty critism begin.

Sorry we're out of stock on that product, can we serve you a portion of "patronising correction of foolish BS" instead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

For a bit of XMas spirit...

e99862052ec5e3668f0efa2431cc379f.thumb.jpg.3018cbc12f613c28eeb5da4fefc78e8a.jpg

You should've put a plywood cylinder on that snowmeow instead, and it would've been perfect.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm just glad I don't live on one of the 6-7 sims this happens to daily because of these AFK places...

06868ef221aa8e73921c977a19407b9f.png.d76aead0aa20982e22d794afeb3b6090.png

e5071bda3816cda255a62a6d7c7eeb4e.png.123245c7cd1871d10a7ce5c66830522b.png

c9c8c5e69b2ab413d55553300ee68ab8.png.5f293f5787dd8017dd68f4b85e158ad4.png

Edited by Malin Sabra

@Klytyna who said I pay for bot software? I did not say I pay. Try reading and comprehending the words that people use and not what ever dirty thoughts you have.  

@Klytyna At this point most are bots .. the land owner makes 100% of the money that way, corrade springs to mind. free, open source, lightweight and with a little messing about will run on almost anything. 

16 hours ago, JoeDex said:

@Klytyna who said I pay for bot software? I did not say I pay. Try reading and comprehending the words that people use and not what ever dirty thoughts you have.  

Bot software: $0.99

Kitting out an AFK Doll: L$20k +

Coming up with a rejoinder 2 months later that completely misses the point: Priceless.

Edited by Roxy Couturier
forgot the 2 months part..
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Coming up with a rejoinder 2 months later that completely misses the point: Priceless.

Nice to know you can copy a decade old ad. That too is Priceless.

But the real reason is that I have Klytyna muted because I have never read anything she has to say that is positive. For some reason I got a notice that she JUST responded to me. See I emphasized that for you cause given the the decade old reference above I am figuring your eyesight might not bee so good anymore.

8 hours ago, JoeDex said:

Nice to know you can copy a decade old ad. That too is Priceless.

But the real reason is that I have Klytyna muted because I have never read anything she has to say that is positive. For some reason I got a notice that she JUST responded to me. See I emphasized that for you cause given the the decade old reference above I am figuring your eyesight might not bee so good anymore.

My eyesight is good enough to watch that low-flying point buzz right over your head. Something your 'reading comprehension' and youthful eyesight couldn't. But you 'bee' you boo.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JoeDex said:

But the real reason is that I have Klytyna muted because I have never read anything she has to say that is positive

Being a professional cynic means her messages are not always delivered in a way everyone finds pleasant (I love it) though she rarely misses the point. Most people find it hard to find them self publicly corrected, but hey, that happens when you post on forums.

The point she made about bots/alts is very valid.

Besides, saying you enjoy visiting AFK sims to have a laugh about the AFK girls is also not very positive

Edited by Zeta Vandyke
spelling
  • Like 2

This thread is so old, people in here reference the "Priceless" MasterCard commercials. For its own sake, I'm going to go ahead and lock it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2