Jump to content
MariaRosia

Who else is against the afk sex doll places?

Recommended Posts

If people are willing to pay to have virtual sex with another user with no interaction on their behalf, thats up to them. And if there are users who leave their avatars to be used that way in exchange for lindens thats also up to them. I wouldnt say it hurts the game, sex isnt an important aspect of SL from a gameplay standpoint. Its popular and many users are here for it, but afk poseball places like that arent a big issue and arent going to cause any harm.

This all being said, this thread should definitely be in Adult general discussion, not regular general discussion.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone is going to have sex with someone thats afk they certainly aren't gonna leave a tip. Tips are entirely optional, so guess what?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Geez I could just log my male alt in and do it for free.

Who even needs an alt, just get a hud.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cykarushb said:

If people are willing to pay to have virtual sex with another user with no interaction on their behalf, thats up to them. And if there are users who leave their avatars to be used that way in exchange for lindens thats also up to them.

A part of SL I haven't seen.  This does get me thinking about ways my alts could earn their keep.  :D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This is highly disturbing. How do we know that AFK sex dolls are consenting?

Check they are logged into their tip jar ;)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MariaRosia said:

hurting this game?

I don't know.  Which game are you playing and what are the rules?

 

15 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Geez I could just log my male alt in and do it for free.

LOL.  I would never do that.

>.>

Again ...

 

=================

Is it really hurting anything even if we assume they are little more than "traffic bots?"  It's not like they help with calculations any more. How is it different than when I molest my partner while she is AFK making supper in 1st life?

I could understand if you found them morally repugnant or angry if some one at some place did something to you but I honestly cannot find any harm being done.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

 

Is it really hurting anything even if we assume they are little more than "traffic bots?"  It's not like they help with calculations any more.

Are you sure about that. I'll go to a "busy" club with high traffic, and there's  invariable 20 avatars up in the sky somewhere.

How does an afk avi count less in traffic calculations than one that is active?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

How does an afk avi count less in traffic calculations than one that is active?

Right, they count the same. Actual bots are supposed to register as "scripted agents" so their time on a parcel won't count towards its traffic at all, but it's doubtful all such bots are properly registered.

In any case, though, the effect of inflating parcel traffic is way less than it used to be. Although viewers still offer the option of sorting search results by traffic, that's not supposed to be the default, and I do think there's less motivation to scam the system than there was back when traffic gaming was going to be the new SEO.

I do feel a bit sorry for newbies, though, who are lured to the clusters of green dots, only to discover nests of bots. Or to discover these AFK sex dolls, I guess, although they're news to me, and if this post were in a different forum they might warrant more, uh, thorough examination.:$

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Qie Niangao said:

Right, they count the same. Actual bots are supposed to register as "scripted agents" so their time on a parcel won't count towards its traffic at all, but it's doubtful all such bots are properly registered.

In any case, though, the effect of inflating parcel traffic is way less than it used to be. Although viewers still offer the option of sorting search results by traffic, that's not supposed to be the default, and I do think there's less motivation to scam the system than there was back when traffic gaming was going to be the new SEO.

I do feel a bit sorry for newbies, though, who are lured to the clusters of green dots, only to discover nests of bots. Or to discover these AFK sex dolls, I guess, although they're news to me, and if this post were in a different forum they might warrant more, uh, thorough examination.:$

Actually my viewer sorts by highest traffic. How else would one do it if looking for popular places?

The AFK sex doll places are the latest fad, there is more and more every day.

I checked out one with my boy friend and started emoting in local. Almost right away got told to stfu.

I thought the sex dolls were afk, not sleeping

*grins*

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2017 at 1:32 AM, MariaRosia said:

Who else feels that afk sex places are just bots and hurting this game? I would love to hear your comments. 

my owner enjoys AFKing there. She gets to enjoy seeing the av being used when she's not fully there AND she gets paid for it. She is not a bot. Others might be, but there are real people in those places. The problem is bots. Not AFK sims. You're using AFK sims as an excuse for bots.

 

I for one would never go against something that makes people happy. No matter how few or many. I do have to wonder if it encourages people to be lazy though. But there is such a thing as "Lazy over there, active over here."

Edited by Taramafor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Quinn Lysette said:

i am all for them as long as they dont charge lindens and everything is free

Just as you wish.

get what you pay for.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are great! I have no shame to park my self there when I go to work, or to sleep. And have received enough tips to make it wortwhile. Seriously, if people enjoy it, why would it be a problem or something you have to "be against". There so much content in SL that people like, that others dislike. If you dont like something, dont go there. I can not see how some specific type of sim would "destroy the game". I dont think SL is a game to start with, but thats a different question.

Imagine you find pixel sex in SL visualy arousing, not unthinkable with present day graphics, but you cant stand RP (or just no good at), it might be an enjoyable experience. I am just always trying to help out so I sacrifice my (virtual) body to the cause.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JackSinned said:

Imagine you find pixel sex in SL visualy arousing, not unthinkable with present day graphics, but you cant stand RP (or just no good at), it might be an enjoyable experience. I am just always trying to help out so I sacrifice my (virtual) body to the cause.

I have no creation skills whatsoever and have always figured that my contribution to SL would thus be limited to the tier I pay LL and the stuff I buy from the creators.  It never dawned on me that I could possibly help someone out in this way - and maybe even earn a few L$ on the side.  Maybe I should go check out one of those places.

:ph34r:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2017 at 7:32 PM, MariaRosia said:

Who else feels that afk sex places are just bots and hurting this game? I would love to hear your comments. 

depends on what you like, if you don't like it don't have sex with it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4-10-2017 at 2:32 AM, MariaRosia said:

Who else feels that afk sex places are just bots and hurting this game? I would love to hear your comments. 

I actualy own a AFK sim, so I disagree :)

People visit, quite alot, so there must be a place for it in SL. In RL people do not generally visit the red light district for a good conversation either, so I see no problem in the "just sex no talk" approach. And there are also active escorts, and even regular people using rooms for "recreational" private use. So I gues it fits nicely with the rest of the adult scene that is quite largely represented in SL.

Nobody forces people to go there, so like others said before me, if you personaly do not like it, just do not visit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2017 at 1:09 PM, Quinn Lysette said:

i am all for them as long as they dont charge lindens and everything is free

Why do you think everything in second life should be free?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2017 at 1:09 PM, Quinn Lysette said:

i am all for them as long as they dont charge lindens and everything is free

Alot of them i seen charge linden Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...