MariaRosia

Who else is against the afk sex doll places?

On 1/25/2018 at 3:36 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

I agree that "freeloaders" are part of the job when it comes to having an AFK dolls sim, but if they are notorious non tippers they will receive a polite warning and if continuing eventually a ban on my sim. It demotivates the models and it demotivates me, and IMO its just quite ungrateful and unpolite to keep using but never showing appreciation or support. And I care more for the models than for the feelings of the freeloaders, so I choose that approach.

Though what did surprise me when starting this approach, is how many never realized that their behavior was "rude". When explaining the amount of L$ it cost a model to look as they do, and to keep updating and changing their looks, and also the rent for the parcel, quite a few started leaving tips from that moment. So I guess it is also a bit educational :)

I've been noticing a trend against freeloaders which i think is a good thing for the dolls.  On the other hand though, it means less recurring traffic.

Personally, i've been keeping a personal blacklist on freeloaders for over a year now, and if i see one approaching me, i will stand up or just leave to another AFK sim, then i would go back after awhile.  If sim owners refuse to take action against them, then i just leave for another place that will.  In my opinion, the dolls are offering a service and the sim owners should respect that too.

Well, I have to change my opinion on AFK sims. Not because I truly hate them, but because they are a danger for your account. I used to run an AFK sim, had a few alts on them. And abuse of one of those alts by someone else in a way that violates the TOS from LL while I was AFK got all my accounts permanently terminated.

I would like to warn everyone using AFK sex sims that this is possible to be done to your avi while you are AFK and you will be held personally responsible. Not just that AFK account but all accounts will be terminated if abused in this way. Not the abuser, not the sim owner, but you yourself is fully responsible to what ever is being done to your avi while he or she is sitting there AFK.

Lacking this knowledge cost me my accounts and my sim, I hope this can be a warning for other preventing the same to happen.

Edited by Zeta Vandyke
spelling
  • Sad 7

Ouch...

From your FlickR post, I take that you have no idea what exactly happened, except for the blunt "*****" banhammer generalism. 
Without any intention to put any blame on you, I suppose there is a "fair chance" that someone might have abused your "dress me any way that you want" attachment. :|

Or the one who reported you dressed up as child and posed with your AFK avatar... but then I suppose that they should have been banned themselves. Errr... 

If it's the latter, there is quite some serious risk for girls at other places.

EDIT: whut, the term for the alleged reason itself gets auto-censored?

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Like 1

Governance's hands are tied when it comes to child avatars even when they are the ones intentionally breaking the rules.

Unless there is any evidence said child avatars are sex workers in current or other lighting, there will be no discipline carried out against them. Discipline will always be carried out against any adult avatar they target who does have evidence of being a sex worker or is engaging in sex acts with them or nearby.

Child avatars are the perfect weapon to destroying any adult business as there is no 100% way of knowing/detecting if they are a child avatar or not.

Even with staff, scripted monitoring/limiting of age, height, attachments, agent rating, payment type, premium status, there is no 100% way to deter child avatars interacting with AFK users or sex objects.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Ouch...

From your FlickR post, I take that you have no idea what exactly happened, except for the blunt "*****" banhammer generalism. 
Without any intention to put any blame on you, I suppose there is a "fair chance" that someone might have abused your "dress me any way that you want" attachment. :|

Or the one who reported you dressed up as child and posed with your AFK avatar... but then I suppose that they should have been banned themselves. Errr... 

If it's the latter, there is quite some serious risk for girls at other places.

EDIT: whut, the term for the alleged reason itself gets auto-censored?

It was actually my male alt AFK avatar who was used, no myself. But since these kind of offenses go to termination of all your accounts, this one is collateral damage. The male alt was a fully adult looking guy with no scripts or options like my real avie had. So the only explanation I can think of is a child avatar used him on the sex furniture he was parked at, at the TIP jar. Since I received no explanation that is guess work.

But lets close that discussion here, it got my topic about this issue deleted, and I would like to keep this one online as a warning for other who place their avies at AFK sims.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

It was actually my male alt AFK avatar who was used, no myself. But since these kind of offenses go to termination of all your accounts, this one is collateral damage. The male alt was a fully adult looking guy with no scripts or options like my real avie had. So the only explanation I can think of is a child avatar used him on the sex furniture he was parked at, at the TIP jar. Since I received no explanation that is guess work.

But lets close that discussion here, it got my topic about this issue deleted, and I would like to keep this one online as a warning for other who place their avies at AFK sims.

My experience with SL support is that you have to insist to exhaustion or even call them. But in my case it was mostly a mistake, your case is way more concerning, I never saw someone accused of that being able to defende themselves.

1 hour ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

My experience with SL support is that you have to insist to exhaustion or even call them. But in my case it was mostly a mistake, your case is way more concerning, I never saw someone accused of that being able to defende themselves.

After closing the support ticket you get to valuate it, give it a score and comment if wanted. I think if you give them the worst scores possible that the closed ticket goes past the support supervisor. Because 15 minutes ago I received an email from her, and they reviewed my case even after closing it down, and they just released all my accounts!!

I have asked if AFK sims are still this much of a risk to accounts, or if it really was a misunderstanding, since I still do not know the details. Will follow up if I get an answer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I am constantly amazed that there are people who depend on SL as their primary source of income.  There are so many ways for everything to be stolen or simply turned off without explanation, warning or recourse that it boggles the mind.

Welcome back, Zeta.  I hope you stay.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

After closing the support ticket you get to valuate it, give it a score and comment if wanted. I think if you give them the worst scores possible that the closed ticket goes past the support supervisor. Because 15 minutes ago I received an email from her, and they reviewed my case even after closing it down, and they just released all my accounts!!

I have asked if AFK sims are still this much of a risk to accounts, or if it really was a misunderstanding, since I still do not know the details. Will follow up if I get an answer.

You got it quickly, I had my account locked for 3 weeks because I was considered an alt. Lots of closed tickets until they finally decide to take my ID as proof of my words.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I am constantly amazed that there are people who depend on SL as their primary source of income.  There are so many ways for everything to be stolen or simply turned off without explanation, warning or recourse that it boggles the mind.

Welcome back, Zeta.  I hope you stay.

I depend on SL as my primary drain for money and time. Scared the ***** out of me what I would have to do with so many free time all of a sudden!

Thanks! Planning on staying a while longer now ;)

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Before all of this came up, I had considered prettying up one of my Alt accounts and leaving them logged into an AFK spot overnight. Just to see what the experience was like.  No way in hell will I take that risk now.  I just do not trust LL to always ultimately come to the proper conclusion if some child avi decided to come sit on me.

I am definitely glad you got your accounts back though.  I enjoy having you here in the forums.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 12/27/2017 at 4:38 AM, anna2358 said:

I'm against being able to open a Forum account and post one trolling question.

I think you should have to have submitted at least 100 posts, and have reputation of over 50% before you can make trolling posts.

Trolls should be turned to stone.

With your rule, I never would have gotten to 2000 posts! *innocent look*

9F0E24D4-F053-4C73-AA20-9127A4650C8E.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Before all of this came up, I had considered prettying up one of my Alt accounts and leaving them logged into an AFK spot overnight. Just to see what the experience was like.  No way in hell will I take that risk now.  I just do not trust LL to always ultimately come to the proper conclusion if some child avi decided to come sit on me.

I am definitely glad you got your accounts back though.  I enjoy having you here in the forums.

I was considering the same, but no way, not now! I'd have to have the window maximized and be keeping an eye on things.

• Like 2

I used to visit one of those places playing the Lindo game there (yes the irony is hillarious, I was earning Lindens while being semi AFK at an AFK-sex place because they have so much competition - they have to pay us flower-watering and fishing semi-porfessional extras to bump their traffic...) I better keep an eye at which places I do Lindo at now... whow that risk never came to my idea

On 11/18/2017 at 6:01 PM, femhalf said:

There are a lot of misconceptions in this thread.

A brief history (possibly inaccurate):  The AFK sex doll industry has exploded in the last year, but before that, it was a niche thing.  There were only two or three places that offered those services.  If i remember correctly, Le Camping(?) was the first one, then the Sex Doll dungeon (recently closed) took the idea and made it better.  After that, multiple AFK sims started popping up and became successful, such as Silence, which later became a top destination in the adult industry.

How long ago was that place there?

I remember finding one of these place on Zindra 4 or 5 years ago.

It vanished about a week after I found it - and I have no idea how long it was there beforehand.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:52 PM, Paloc2 said:

I have  lot of thoughts about this kind of sims:

They are hurting the club economy though. Yeah, some people just want to get off, but if this trend continues I'm scared that I won't be able to do what I used to do in the last year comfortable since I am that kind of person who just wants certain conditions and clubs asure those, afk sims don't if you're checking every minute.

SL clubs have never been profitable in SL. And most of them are not very social. People just show up to win a prize and then leave. I'm more in favor of discussion hangouts. Yeah, when I was running one last year I often only got 2 to 4 people showing up for a night of 'progressive politics discussion' but at least I was talking to someone and not watching "This DJ RAWKS @@@@@ *! <3" scroll by my screen 347 times...

These AFK clubs... I kind of did assume everyone was a bot when I dropped into a few and noticed zero chat and zero customers... Yeah... I considered getting on a poseball on the second monitor while doing something else to see what happened... but I shied out of it when it looked like such a dead scene.

Maybe I went to the wrong places... I dunno...

BUT... if this model works where clubs didn't, I'm all for it.

- One kind of venue to 'get down with it' and another to 'talk it up'...

More than tips though... I'd want someone to send me pics... :P

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

6 hours ago, BlazeStigma said:

all of this New to me. so afk sex now a thing on sl?

It looks like it was, until today.

Seems to risky now. Was actually considering trying it...

On my own private land I have had moments where I have been AFK, looked on the screen and saw somebody had joined me on a bit of furniture. When I was in my PG only phase this started me down the path to ensuring I always had some nice 'solo only' furniture... and I'd only AFK on that.

And likewise when I go to some of my preferred hangouts - I rarely use the furniture because so often it's couple stuff.

I'd not be opposed to one of these AFK things IF that was my plan before I sat down... but it's a nasty surprise when it wasn't on your agenda. If there's a risk to your account from it as well... well, this is why my home skybox has a 0-second teleport home setup (it's inside a solid box above 4000m - nobody is in there by accident). The few times someone does pop in... I only know by checking my logs, they are gone so fast...

Kind of really annoyed that this whole scene has maybe been used to attack somebody... because I can easily see the appeal of the AFK scene and like I noted above... clubs are a money sink, this is a legit money earner... and seems to leave all parties happy...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Kind of really annoyed that this whole scene has maybe been used to attack somebody... because I can easily see the appeal of the AFK scene and like I noted above... clubs are a money sink, this is a legit money earner... and seems to leave all parties happy...

My thoughts exactly

On 2/11/2018 at 1:33 AM, carolinestravels said:

Actually

AFK sex places are amoungst the most popular adult regions now.

Here a list of the most popular adult places in Second Life. You will find several AFK places on the list.

https://jessicainsecondlife.com/2018/02/10/top-10-most-popular-sex-places-in-second-life/

Well that sucks... the first one on that blog's list had a humans only policy:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/40847626@N06/38700194820/in/dateposted/

What's an Orc or Neko or Fairy to do? :P

Oh and oh yeah... gotta be careful linking flickr here... by default it grabs and reposts the image - regardless of your 'content filter' on flickr... O.o

Well there were 7 avatars on the next sim my Orc went to... and after about 5 minutes of standing by the notecard giver trying to resolve my lag... I had the only 2 guys visiting the place walking around me, with one IMing me...

And I'm a green gall with tusks and a big dagger to get all stabby with...

I notice that most of the AVs on these places are the same 'pale youthful blond' look you see all over SL. Which means they're not unique - guys will likely just park it at the one closest to the rez point.

If you DO want to get somewhere in this kind of scene... be different looking.

That said... SL users seem to... not be very diverse in interest... But even given that... have something about you that makes you stand out from the crowd of naked blond women AFK pleasuring themselves...

I kind of suspect that the very look that gets me mostly ignored in social venues - ie the fact that I'm not Caucasian - would get me focused on by people with fetishes if they thought I'm AFK... that kind of bothers me though...

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just do not trust LL to always ultimately come to the proper conclusion if some child avi decided to come sit on me.

It's likely not child avis, as they will also get banned. This is more possibly griefers weaponising some freebies. Especially considering there are two free bodies to do this with "for the lulz".

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SMB-Mesh-Body-for-Kids-Freebie/4736390

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PUNK-Mesh-Replacement-Body-V6-Small-Avatar/10765375

Far more "lulz-worthy" than just using a sim crasher.

• a little proxying to create the throw away account as they normally do
  • a MAC address change or hacked viewer before logging in via VPN as they normally do
  • a free kid body
  • some freebee hair

Then place another alt in the sim to watch for an opportune time, teleport in the weaponised griefer tool and sit with the person to grief, quickly AR them from the alt.

The griefer won't care if that throw away was also banned.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

It's likely not child avis, as they will also get banned. This is clearly griefers weaponising freebies. Especially considering there are two free bodies to do this with "for the lulz".

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SMB-Mesh-Body-for-Kids-Freebie/4736390

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PUNK-Mesh-Replacement-Body-V6-Small-Avatar/10765375

I've noticed this vis-a-vis furry avatars. A -LOT- of griefers will adopt a freebie furry avatar before going out to do their thing... But they're a bit obvious in the same way the guy who shoes up at the nightclub dressed in a 1970s Leisure suit it... you were trying, but the scene passed you by years ago and they can tell you're posing...

The AVs they use are free because the maker of them moved on to better stuff about 10 years ago... and no actual furry would ever wear it save for the newbies who come up in furry clubs and ask for sex and jobs... (a bit like the TMP body using noobs in human clubs).

i wouldn't be surprised if the, now deleted, post got attention by a forum Linden, an he/she scaled it up.

Simular things happened in the past.

• Like 1