Mesh Head and Mesh Body - Complete NOOB - help pls

FairytaleSheva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

I'll suppose that you're looking after mesh clothings for your meshbody. So....

1. Check that there's the Maitreya logo on the adboard.

2. Try a demo on yourself.

3. Sometimes you'll have to wear your meshbody HUD and use the alphas to hide some bodyparts that might poke through the cloth.

well I switched to the catwa body thing and edited it to look like the lara shape.

so the clothing has to be compatible with catwa to work I take it?

4 minutes ago, FairytaleSheva said:

well I switched to the catwa body thing and edited it to look like the lara shape.

so the clothing has to be compatible with catwa to work I take it?

Your meshbody is Lara from Maitreya. Mesh clothings that you want with your meshbody should be compatible with Maitreya (except if you want to wear your cloths on your head?).

Your mesh head is Kimberly from Catwa. Makeups that you want for your mesh head should be compatibles with Catwa (we'll talk about Omega later).

When you want to put on an item, choose to right-click and Add from the item in your inventory.

When you want to take off an item, choose to right-click and Detach from the item in your inventory.

For example, if you want to take off your hairs, look for your Magika hairs in your inventory and right-click>Detach.

Here's a screenshot of the Catwa HUD - the tab for hair base is located in the top tab of the HUD. Not sure whatever happened to the free Catwa Bento Head User's Gift that you used to be able to pick up at the store, but that had a whole swag of hair bases in it - it was fantastic - but doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Edit: remember to use the 'Blend' slider so you can fade or sharpen the base. You can usually tint bases, too, but since I've not done that before, I'm not the best one to advise you on that.

59d89fd71bedd_CatwaHUD.png.b3bf27709b52673f0a6de3ca2394858f.png

Edited by AnyaJurelle

11 hours ago, FairytaleSheva said:

ok now when I add new hair I have an ugly black base that is showing and I was trying to play with the head HUD to make it either go away or look better but I couldn't figure that out either. should it be done in the head hud?

Assuming that this is an applier hairbase, this is the tab of the Master HUD that you need to be in:

catwaguide08.jpg

In the top section ('hair') see where the tick/check is - in the 'upper' box? Next to it there's also a 'lower' box. Catwa's Bento heads have two layers - an upper and a lower - which allows you a lot of customisation options. Any appliers that you add will automatically default to the lower layer, so tick/check that 'lower' box, then click the 'clear' button next to it. Then, just to be sure (because I don't know what else you've been clicking on the HUD) tick/check the 'upper' box and click 'clear' again. That will get rid of any hairbase applier that you've added.

Again, I explain all of this in my blog post, linked earlier in this thread ;) This is the relevant section, just after I discussed how to add a new hairbase:

hairbases_layers.PNG.8af220e43c6b81b9c3c16950b0821c36.PNG

• Like 1

@FairytaleSheva I saw your post before you edited it. The "LOL snap, Skell," that Anya posted was because both she and I posted a reply to you - complete with HUD screenshots - within about thirty seconds of each other: hers at 10:40am and mine at 10:41am. Snap - in that case - was like the kids' card game when you both put down the same card and the first person to yell "Snap!" wins the cards; not snap in the "Oh snap!" sense.

Believe me, even though I've been here for ten years, I was as completely lost as any newb when I first picked up a mesh head and opened the HUD. I just made a copy of everything and clicked around, trying to figure it all out. You'll get there eventually, and will probably be giving advice yourself in a few months' time :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.