Refunds and balances

Jazmina Voom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently used the option Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy)  to purchase Linden dollars. I then cancelled the order as is permitted in the system. I now have a US Dollar balance for the amount I was going to spend on Lindens.

VERY SPECIFICALLY: can I get this US Dollar balance out of my account in real world money? If so, how is this done?

Thank you.

Lindens-Order-page.jpg

17 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Jazmina Voom said:

I recently used the option Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy)  to purchase Linden dollars. I then cancelled the order as is permitted in the system. I now have a US Dollar balance for the amount I was going to spend on Lindens.

VERY SPECIFICALLY: can I get this US Dollar balance out of my account in real world money? If so, how is this done?

if you don't want to take the answers on that other thread,  contact support, and after that enlighten us please.

• Like 2

Hi Alwin,

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else in these posts. That was not my purpose.

The original question was about a refund. The original answers were about cancellations, which do not directly give you a refund. In addition to cancelling the order, you also need to "process credit" to get a refund, which was not mentioned in the answers. Your comment said " I see nothing about process credit in previous posts", but that has to be part of a complete answer to the question.

The rules state " Note that you may only process credit due to net proceeds from sales of Linden Dollars. " I took this at face value and as the credit process button was not active, I thought my money was stuck. (The reason was that I had not made an additional selection of "payout method.")

I have removed as much of the false info I wrote that was still editable.

BTW, I have also added an additional comment in reply to an answer that WAS false - there is a cost to cancellations - 1.5% fee (minimum $3.00 USD fee, maximum $25.00 USD fee ) whenever you use "process credit".

And I got a cheap lesson in humility.

Jaz

Edited by Jazmina Voom
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jazmina Voom said:

Alwin, I have asked a question to the community in case someone who knows can answer.

If you can't help with this, can you just stay out of it? Thanks.

the reason i pointed back to the original thread is that there already are the links to the knowledgebase, clicking on the relevant links in those txts had brought you to the same as is mentioned here.

last time i checked i also was member of this community.. so no i don't stay out because you don't want me to reply,

feel totally free to hide my postings, just click my name and you'll see the options.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jazmina Voom said:

Hi Alwin,

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else in these posts. That was not my purpose.

you didn't offend me, so excuses for that are totally not needed.

also don't worry about downvotes... see it as people not liking your post, but nothing more than that, it's no personal thing,

or..i can assure you, none of my posts would ever get a positive rating. If one here can respond as baddass it's moi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jazmina Voom said:

Yes, the apology went over great with 3 down-votes. Oh well, despite all the hate, at least the facts are there for anyone else to read now.

Yeah, ignore the downvotes. You're OK. If you read through a couple of recent threads here, you'll see that several of us are concerned about how easily the voting system can be perverted to be a meaningless facebooky like/dislike thing rather than reflecting true opinions about whether a post is factually correct or at least helpful.  As Alwin says, most of us here are not easily offended.  Some of us are less than enthusiastic about helping someone who is more strident than he should be, but my own solution is simply to walk away rather than getting snippy in return. We all have our bad days. ;)

Edited by Rolig Loon

Jaz,

Getting back to your original question...

No, in this particular case you won't be able to get those dollars out of SL and back into your RL bank account.  The minimum process credit transaction is $10 USD, PLUS the transaction fee, which comes to more money than you have in your account.  The only exception to this minimum amount is if you are taking the money out because you are also cancelling your account and leaving SL

In addition, LL is very wary of people using the LindeX as a means of money laundering.  For this reason, they won't allow you to simply buy $L, sell the same $L, then take the cash out.

Also, you didn't say what type of payment method you use.  Process credit transactions are only possible with a PayPal or Skrill account, not with a credit card.

However, I would not be too upset.  It's only ten bucks.  Use it to buy some $L, and go shopping!  In the future, I suggest making larger buys, but fewer.  The reason is that there's a fixed $0.60 transaction fee charged each time you buy $L.  By making a larger buy, the transaction fee becomes a smaller percentage of the transaction.

For more about how to make intelligent use of the Limit Buy feature, see my blog post: http://acrossthegridwithlindal.blogspot.com/2017/09/trade-l-like-pro.html

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Hate ... downvotes seriously counting as hate xD

Did you even consider that the tone and the content of your original post scored your those downvotes - completely justified, I might add? 

Yes Lillith, I've been noticing all your mean little jabs. At the end of the day I was trying to help, pointed out that I was wrong about something, apologized and cleared up the uncertainty on the subject. You have contributed nothing but negativity.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No, in this particular case you won't be able to get those dollars out of SL and back into your RL bank account.  The minimum process credit transaction is $10 USD, PLUS the transaction fee, which comes to more money than you have in your account. 

Hi Lindal - I did try the transfer. The initial payment was for $78.42. I guess I was charged the 60c transaction fee and the $3 minimum process credit fee when I took the money out but I did not see an extra $10 on top of that. I will see when the amount comes back (via PayPal) and post here the result for posterity.

You are so right - if there was another $10 fee it would have been better to leave it there.

4 hours ago, Jazmina Voom said:

Hi Lindal - I did try the transfer. The initial payment was for $78.42. I guess I was charged the 60c transaction fee and the $3 minimum process credit fee when I took the money out but I did not see an extra $10 on top of that. I will see when the amount comes back (via PayPal) and post here the result for posterity.

You are so right - if there was another $10 fee it would have been better to leave it there.

Lindal's mention of $10 was simply saying that in order to do a Process Credit at all, you must have at least $10 plus the process credit fee in your account, so a minimum of $13.  She wasn't saying that there is an extra $10 charge.

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Lindal's mention of $10 was simply saying that in order to do a Process Credit at all, you must have at least $10 plus the process credit fee in your account, so a minimum of $13.  She wasn't saying that there is an extra $10 charge.

Ahhh - OK. Thanks for the explanation.

18 hours ago, Jazmina Voom said:

Sorry...from the images you posted, it looked like you were trying to buy just $10!

• Administrators

Hey there Jazmina Voom!

In the future, if you would like to request a refund or have any questions regarding refunds to specific transactions, you can submit a Support case and we should be able to help you there. You can also use your USD balance to purchase L$ as well if that's what you wanted to do to start with. You can find more information on how to use your USD Balance here:

You can submit a case at this handy dandy link if you have any questions or need further assistance:

https://support.secondlife.com/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.