Age Verification Beta not working

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Blondin Linden wrote:

Attach a picture ID to your support ticket. That should do it
:)

"Manual age verification

If you are a Premium or Concierge customer and you experience difficulty verifying your identity on the Second Life website, you may submit a new support case in order to verify your account manually.

1. Visit https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/
  2. Choose Account Issue from the first dropdown menu.
  3. Choose Manual Age Verification from the next dropdown menu that appears.
  4. Click Choose File to attach an electronic (scanned) copy of one of a Government issued identification that has your name and date of birth clearly displayed. This identification can be a birth certificate, driver's license, passport, or state ID or national ID.
  5. Click Submit.

Please expect manual verification to take 5-7 working days." - Taken direcitly from the knowledge base.

So what if you aren't a Premium or Concierge customer? What happens then? I do have a picture of my driver's license scanned and ready to go if I can submit without being a premium/concierge customer.

I age- verified my primary account a long time ago and it worked fine, but trying to verify my alts was not happening, it said it went thru OK but of course I cannot do any adult-related searches or go to adult sims with the alts.

So, LL doesn't seem to know that alts are the same damned person? I bet they would know REAL quick if someone used an alt to do something illegal like serious sim-crashing griefing or copy-botting or RL illegal stuff.

See this is what I am talking about with the whle identity thing - if it is to a company's benefit to know everything about you, they are on it but if it is to YOUR benefit, they act clueless.

I know LL is trying to be careful since they made the wise decision to merge the TG with the main. They have GOT to know the level of adult activity that goes on in SL yet they still did it and are now trying to protect the under-age members from it. Brilliant, LL, just brilliant

I seem to be having a bit of trouble as well. I tried age verifying myself three days ago, and it said it was successful. I waited a day and nothing happened. So the next day I tried two more times, again it said it was successful both times. Still, nothing has happened. I'm aware I need to go to edit > preferences > rating and change it, but I don't have the option. People are saying it should take less than a day, but others are telling me it can take days to weeks. I'm very confused. o_o Did I do something wrong here? Am I not waiting long enough? I've been searching everywhere for a solution. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.