Rigging problem

Ark Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I'm getting a problem while trying to rig a piece of clothing. The garment was made in Marvelous Designer 5. Then it was transferred to Blender 2.79. Then I tried to rig it using Avastar 1.7.4. After the Bind to Armature process finished, the sleeves fell down. However, when I try to move the arms the sleeves follow the movements. They just lost the position in relationship to the bone.

Here is the snapshot of the process. Can you tell me what shall I do to correct the problem and prevent the sleeves from loosing their position.

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.beef060b68e1e41683e7bb11561237b3.png

image.thumb.png.d45a9ecbc771ff41658a22093c8b029e.png

8 hours ago, Ark Vuckovic said:

I'm reliatively new to rigging in Blender a now learning all the tricks yet. Could you, please, clarify how should I transfer the weights? 

try this. before you bind the shirt to the rig, make the underlying avatar visible, then you when you go to bind it, choose "from meshes" from the drop down menu located right by the bind to rig button. avastar will then use the weights of the visible mesh to apply weights to your shirt.

to transfer weight paints. click on the "tool" tab, that is the top tab on the left panel, same place the avastar tab is only above it. then right click on the mesh that has the weights, hold down shift and right click on the mesh that receives the weights. then at the bottom of the window where it says "object mode", open that and select "weight paint". then scroll to the bottom of the tool tab and you will see "transfer weights" click that. the weights from the first mesh you selected will transfer to the second mesh you selected. then switch back to object mode.

Edited by carley Greymoon

On 10/2/2017 at 6:24 AM, carley Greymoon said:

try this. before you bind the shirt to the rig, make the underlying avatar visible, then you when you go to bind it, choose "from meshes" from the drop down menu located right by the bind to rig button. avastar will then use the weights of the visible mesh to apply weights to your shirt.

I've done that, but it still dropping the sleeves down. 

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.