Question

I had created a building and finished it. I put it into a rez box for the purpose of sale. In testing the rez box i cleared the build once and added a frame of a window left behind. It was in a cluster that had a slave script in...i took the build back into the rez box. When i tried to "build" the building again from the rez box nothing happened. I looked in the content of the rez box and the building is gone. I just disappeared and it is not in my inventory returned to objects or to my lost and found. Can you help me? What could have happened. I have used this process often and never has my creations disappeared like this before.  

2 answers to this question

I have had nightmares like that, and a few times (very few, thankfully) when something ghastly like that has really happened. These are the events that convince me to be sure that I have backups of my backups.  It's impossible to guess what happened in your case. I have no idea what might have been in that "slave script", but it might have made the structure temp_on_rez or perhaps killed the whole linkset if it met some criterion (too big? rezzed by someone other than the creator? who knows?) . Or maybe it's something really simple: it was returned to your inventory as a coalesced object with a name that you don't recognize.  Look for things that you added to inventory within the past couple of days (in your Recent tab).

• Like 1

You can never EVER have too many backups. ( You CAN be too thin :D ) . If you do and then lose ALL OF THEM you KNOW it isn't your fault. So worst case scenario most of us have been in a similar situation ^^ and lived through it. Consider it a learning lesson. If it is mesh you likely have the pieces in inventory that you uploaded. If prims well it won't cost to rebuild anyway.

Hopefully you will find it somewhere in your inventory.