Newbie here with a quick question: I started off as a default vampire avatar called "Elleria." I now have a Maitreya mesh body (Lara) and a Catwa head (Cami), and I also purchased mesh eyes (simply titled "customeyes"). I want the shape of my character's eyes to be large and round (Google search Billie Lourd for an example), NOT slim (like Taylor Swift's eyes). The Cami head has slim eyes and is not Bento, which apparently means that I am unable to make the shape of her eyes rounder. Someone suggested that switching to a Bento head would solve the issue; however, regardless of the head I demo, I am unable to detach the original "Elleria eyes." Is there a way to do so? Am I missing something completely?!

Welcome, The WolvesGather! You cannot take the original "system" eyes off, but you do not need to since mesh eyes should have an alpha layer that will cover the old eyes and then when you add the mesh eyes, those will show. And it's good to do lots of demos since not all eyes fit all heads so well.

Edited by Sagadin
typo
  • Thanks 1

I'm a bit confused here...why do you think your standart avatars eyes (which you can never detach, as Sagadin pointed out) are an issue? All eyes are...well, "eye ball shaped" (just like all real life human eyes have the same shape, if you would take them out of the skull). What gives your eyes a round and open apperance or a slim one, is determindes by the shape of your head (and a little bit by skin and make up, of course).

Edited by Syo Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are a few things which can only be replaced, not detached or removed altogether. They are part of the software running SL at a very basic, fundamental level.

Your avatar has to have a skin, a shape, eyes and a hair base. Mesh body parts are attachments worn OVER all of this. The mesh body parts need their own skin as well. The system (pre-mesh) skin, system eyes and hair base will be made invisible by the mesh stuff.

Yes, it is confusing. Welcome to Second Life. :)

• Thanks 1

Eyes, with a mesh head, you have to have one that is Bento rigged. The original mesh heads were created when there were just 2 bones to rig to. With the new Bento skelton there are 30 in the head. 

Eyes get...complicated. The size, the first slider under the eyes, will make the eye itself larger or smaller. Then the eye opening affect the opening itself. The inside and outside corners you want around 50 as when you tilt them up or down will pull the eye narrower. Eye bags will affect the opening as well. You want a little bit as it makes your eyes bigger. 

Your upper cheek setting will also affect your eyes. 

You can play with the bento demos and see what they do. First save a copy of your shape. Then play with it with the demo. When you find one you like, save it as Your name-then the name of the head...For instance Bobbie-LOGO or Bobbie-Lelutka. Play with the different heads to find the one that starts with larger eyes to give you a headstart.

Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

I upgraded three of my Catwa Bento heads, and they now include mesh eyes. I strongly recommend to use them. I can edit mesh eyes in place, but I prefer smooth and simple.

If I remember correct, the OP has a Catwa Omega relay already? It is lots of eyes appliers, and many very good offers as well. I will switch to appliers for all my mesh heads that include mesh eyes and allow use of Omega appliers.

List of updates included for Catwa Bento heads. No pre-Bento heads will be updated, ever.

http://www.catwa-clip.com/?p=1012

List of eyes appliers, and I am sure there are many more.

http://www.catwa-clip.com/?p=1365

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 1

I was having trouble getting the included Catwa eyes to take Omega appliers with the relay. Thought maybe it was only for the Catwa eyes that are sold separately, but I'll try again tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

I was having trouble getting the included Catwa eyes to take Omega appliers with the relay. Thought maybe it was only for the Catwa eyes that are sold separately, but I'll try again tonight.

I must try this. I only used one of the included colors. They aren't what I want. It is a bit confusing, since Catwa sell an expensive pack with eyes too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I must try this. I only used one of the included colors. They aren't what I want. It is a bit confusing, since Catwa sell an expensive pack with eyes too.

I did have Catwa appliers from other designers that I had kept and they work on the included eyes. Appliers are the way to go for eyes. I'm so tired of fitting those suckers into the eye sockets.

Someone at a venue this weekend said appliers were obsolete at this point and I just chuckled to myself. Appliers are just getting started I think. Maybe she was just being sarcastic because she did sport an entire tattoo on her mesh body or maybe she just meant for clothing.