Issue with general performance in world recently?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(Firestorm Viewer)

Recently have been experiencing (lagg), not normal for me. Lagg isn't backed up by the FPS which is HIGH>90/60 fps.

Clothing began morphing yesterday, restart required and teleporting is broken 50% of the time putting my Avatar into

a LImbo. Not on desired sim but Nowhere..<restart required

(Linden Viewer)

Stuttering graphics, very slow response to commands like like change outfit.

50% teleports lock up, browser unresponsive< restart

(in general)> Checked my settings, all normal to before. lowered some graphics down some.

Nothing changed, this is very odd for me since I rarely ever have to re start. Have great connections

allowing me into full sims with full populations.  

1 hour ago, RocKStar Sciarri said:

Nothing changed, this is very odd for me since I rarely ever have to re start. Have great connections

allowing me into full sims with full populations.  

Having a great connection doesn't actually have much to do with getting into full sims (but being a Premium subscriber certainly does!).

Also, many of the experiences you describe, particularly problems with teleporting, usually are associated with network problems, but they can be very specific to Second Life services -- that is, not necessarily the network to the sim hosts, but also possibly to other services such as those distributed across Content Delivery Network sites.

That said, I too have had problems recently, failing to attach or detach some items, requiring a restart -- and that's rare for me, too. (Even though my connection is often poor, I don't usually have these problems to this extent.)

greetings Rockstar,

you aren't the only one....(FS viewer user here).

actually last night was the height of the TP thing....TP'd home and was still hearing music from the place i had been. Although the reboot fixed the problem i agree with you that it seems worse lately, i'd say perhaps the last 10 days or so.

Kind Regards,

Josephine

• Like 1

Firestorm

I have noted (especially at night but also first thing logging in in the morning (after a reboot) that textures were loading very slowly  -- especially the glytchs which "should" have been in my cache I would think but maybe not LOL.   Actually thinking about it, there was some "lag" when I was redoing my shop around noon.  I would move something and it would take awhile to actually MOVE.   Items rezzed took a long time too (not the same thing).

So yes, some issues. Might be channel specific, not sure.  I have great fps (most always over a hundred) and generally have no issues.  Teleports seem to be working fine. 

Wearing clothes takes forever, I timed it yesterday and after five minutes I gave up.  I clicked on the folder and clicked add.  I guess that got the servers attention but not all that quickly, one by one each piece started to rez on me.  Then I took them all off and added the one I was trying to do a demo of for my body.
And its the same on my Linux Mint 64 box and my windows 7 64 box both with Kokua viewer.  I also use Alchemy on my Mint box but will need to test that more to say.
I am premium and this is in my Linden Home with only one or two other avatars on the sim.
So yes its slow and has been for a while.

I have been browsing this post on and off the last couple of days thinking nope all fine here....

until yesterday  I was on my sim alone and cammed out and the whole screen suddenly locked up.  After about 5 minutes waiting for it to become useable I was still frozen, couldn't shut down the viewer at all without using task manager.  I thought it was just one of those random things until last night when I crashed in a tp and then later my partner was taking ages to tp and eventually I got the message he was online but he had never gone offline.   It has been a long time since I had any issues like this.  I will just put it down to restarts day.  I rebooted the router overnight and today has been back to normal 

• Like 1

Same old, same old....doesn't mater if it was 7 years ago or now, below par performance which is always passed on as a user end problem.  No progress from LL, but same old problems a plenty...and same old forum clique shills telling us how 'their' SL runs immaculately :O)

As a friend of mine, who has been in SL since 2006,  says regularly.....'SL just isn't good to move around in'.   She parks her ass on a beach and cams and IM's or creates stuff for her shop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.