I never received a suit I bought

JamesZue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Did you ask the creator or merchant that you bought it from?  That's always the first thing to do.  Look at the Transaction History on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account to find all details about your purchase.  If you bought the item in Marketplace, you can get the same information from your Marketplace Order History. Copy the full information and paste it into a new notecard to send to the merchant, along with a very polite explanation of what happened and why you would like redelivery.  Unless the object was no-copy, most merchants will be glad to redeliver.

For the future, remember to check in the Received Items folder at the bottom of your inventory for any items sent to you from Marketplace.  Also, check in the Recent tab in inventory to see whether you have perhaps dropped the item in an unexpected folder.  You may need to adjust the date window to see details more than a day or two in the past.

Finally, remember that you must NOT be in "Busy" or "Do Not Disturb" status if you expect to receive items from anyone, including Marketplace.  Items that your receive while in that status will be rejected automatically and lost permanently.

Edited by Rolig Loon

25 minutes ago, JamesZue said:

How do I get assistance with resolving an issue where I never received a suit I bought and Linden support never replied to my queries for assistance?

Did you contact the seller?

You could also try the store to see if there is a redelivery terminal. LL support won't get involved in resident transactions.  If you are sure it is not in your inventory, check your transaction history to see if you have actually paid for it and then contact the seller.  Check their profile to see if they have any information regarding customer support

5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Finally, remember that you must NOT be in "Busy" or "Do Not Disturb" status if you expect to receive items from anyone, including Marketplace.  Items that your receive while in that status will be rejected automatically and lost permanently.

Actually, this behavior has changed!  We tested it in one of my classes a few weeks ago.  If you are in Busy mode when a vendor or a person attempts to send you an item, it goes into some kind of "pending" status, and when you disable Busy mode, the inventory is offered to you.  Whew, I'm glad they finally improved this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Actually, this behavior has changed! 

It's about time!  Thank you for discovering that, Lindal.  I still don't see much practical value for the "Busy" status, but at least this change gets rid of one of its big negatives.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.