The buyer is always right?

KennyChidorie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Although I do not often participate in the discussion forums I found this thread rather interesting.  My building partner and I build gardens and some buildings; nothing that carries allot avatar impact such as hair, clothing, skins etcetera.  However, we do offer no-fuss refunds on any product and for any reason. 

Once in while a garden or building is bought twice, I see it and immediately refund the customer assuming it’s an error.  Occasionally I look at my transactions to see if it was sent to a friend as a gift, but for the most part I don’t bother and just refund them.  I consider it a disservice to my customers to say, “No refunds, ever!”  There are those little SL quirks that blows holes in the no-refund policy theory.  Double purchase mistakes, SL crashes, “My cat hit my arm and I bought the wrong color, but I did purchase the right color so you know I’m not lying.”  And of course my personal human error, which on occasion does happen.

In the few years I have had a MP store, with no in world store I’ve never been asked for a refund, ever.  Perhaps it’s because I answer my inquiries promptly, I will show anyone an item in world if they really must see it, and I most certainly reward those that take the time to review a product by sending them an item that coordinates with the one they purchased and reviewed. 

It costs me nothing to be generous to those that support my MP store, and it shows my sincere appreciation that they took the time to write an honest review.  For what it’s worth; for the small amount of a refund, I’ve obtained a long term customer.    

• Like 1

On 20.02.2018 at 11:51 PM, ChinRey said:

I think you should look again, Iren. As far as I can see, there's not a single low rating review in your store now.

Because I handled these sitiations as I stated before :) But it took me time and efforts - talks, talks, talks, talks and lot of useless talks with persons that think they are always right. And there was no any help from LL. Actually I could save these time and efforts if LL would remove reviews kinda "does not work" for working items or "it is not what i expected" for items that have demos.

On 22.02.2018 at 9:59 AM, Sassy Romano said:

If you want to disallow a review that says "I do not like it" 1 star, then by the same logic, reviews that give 5 stars "I love it!" should also be removed.

Neither follow the essence or guidelines of the review system.

Would you be wanting to have the second example removed?

I would prefer not to have reviews at all. Because art is deal of taste.

On 21.02.2018 at 7:57 PM, Dakota Linden said:

Hello Iren,

A review that states only that an item does not work does not violate policy and the review will not be removed.  Linden Lab has no way of knowing if their statement is true or not and the item may not actually be working for that particular buyer. 

A seller is the only one who can work with the customer to try to determine what issue the customer is having and work with them to try to resolve the issue as best as possible. 

I imagine how many liars will use this new policy.

Edited by Iren Tinkel

It's quite simple: if you stand behind your principles then no, the customer is not always right. However, if you just want to earn as much money as possible, then, suck it up and pretend that the customer is always right (and you are wrong). Remember that in some cases it is you who are actually wrong and that a good dialog about the problem or misunderstanding may leave both parties more satisfied.

41 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

It's quite simple: if you stand behind your principles then no, the customer is not always right. However, if you just want to earn as much money as possible, then, suck it up and pretend that the customer is always right (and you are wrong). Remember that in some cases it is you who are actually wrong and that a good dialog about the problem or misunderstanding may leave both parties more satisfied.

If you stand on your principal, they have trouble breathing.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If you stand on your principal, they have trouble breathing.

No any troubles if person is ok and understands that you cant refund on no transfer items and you need at least some info about transaction if they want support. Just today one girl asked me to repair furniture that she bought ages ago. It was in-world purchase so actually i could not care - i wont get review lol. But I am always ready to help. I asked her many questions, trying to reset thing, but it was impossible so I found her transaction (though it wasnt easy since 2015) and we solved trouble. It took half of hour and she was patient and answered all questions. So I am really sure that 90% bad reviews are true fake or just inconstant persons. Any normal customer will write IM and try to get solution, no matters where he bought item. So I really find this reviews thing annoying. 5 stars reviews are also useless actually. Yes, it is honey for seller, but other customers dont read 5 star reviews, i am sure. Though I must admit sometimes bad reviews under stolen or fake items help. But it rarely happens.

• Like 1

LL at least should give ability to disable bad review in case of refund! Because I had cases when i refund even big sum but person is so hateful and leaves 1 star review, item and money and i can do nothing with it.

Edited by Iren Tinkel

• 1 month later...

I will lift up this topic again with my next "great" experience about review.

Item with name Threesome (in title) explaining in description that it is for 3 persons. All pictures show 3 avatars action.

So I get 1 star review that says "disappointing! it is all for 3 and no animations for couple!"

Facepalm, guys.

Flagged but still not removed though.

Edited by Iren Tinkel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.