Lost Maitreya HUD off screen

Kia Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if this is in the right spot to ask (I'm not new to SL).

Here's the thing: I have no idea what I've just done, but my Maitreya HUD has vanished from the screen. There's nothing to click on to 'edit' so I can move it back into place. 

When I open the Maitreya folder, the HUD is in bold, indicating I'm wearing it. I've detached and re-attached it which, of course, does absolutely no good because it moves right back to its last position off-screen.

Any ideas? 

Thanks for reading.

If you are wearing the hud right click it in your inventory choose edit if the position arrows don't show up zoom out using your mouse scroll wheel or mouse pad if you are using a laptop and it can scroll zoom out enough and you'll see the hud just use the arrows until it get's in the box (where huds will show on screen)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Could be you somehow managed to rotate it so you're looking at it from the back or side?  Have you tried turning on show transparent (CTRL+ALT+T)?

If you can't find it then you can always just unpack another copy and wear that.

Found it Fluffy - all good - thank you very much again :)

• 3 years later...

I have heard several solutions to retrieving lost/hidden Maitreya Huds.  So I wanted to give my opinion too.  I think it may be resizing your viewer window that causes it to sit just off to the top left edge of your viewer window.  My solution is based partly or mostly on the instructions on the firestorm website concerning lost windows which at the moment I have lost the url for.

1)  If the viewer is off screen you can't right click it to edit it and grab it so you need to find the one you are wearing in your inventory or in a saved outfit and right click and select edit.

2)  When your edit window for the HUD is open go to the object tab in the middle of the page and open it. There you can see the position values for X, Y, and Z.

3) On each XYZ is an up/down arrow and a number.  the down arrow for the Y will move the HUD to the right.  it is usually just off screen so a few clicks to the down arrow will move it to the right and back into view.

4) Problem solved.

There is also a solution for when you lose your inventory window under your bottom chat bar.    In this case it is just a little bit off screen and hidden behind the chat bar.

1)  Go to your preferences.  Ctrl P will open your preferences.  Up top type in autohide.  you will see Autohide main chatbar.

2)  Select this and your main chatbar will drop down and hide and you will see the top of your inventory window.  Grab it and pull it up into better view again.

3)  Problem solved.

2 hours ago, Friggin Kitty said:

I have heard several solutions to retrieving lost/hidden Maitreya Huds.  So I wanted to give my opinion too.  I think it may be resizing your viewer window that causes it to sit just off to the top left edge of your viewer window.  My solution is based partly or mostly on the instructions on the firestorm website concerning lost windows which at the moment I have lost the url for.

1)  If the viewer is off screen you can't right click it to edit it and grab it so you need to find the one you are wearing in your inventory or in a saved outfit and right click and select edit.

2)  When your edit window for the HUD is open go to the object tab in the middle of the page and open it. There you can see the position values for X, Y, and Z.

3) On each XYZ is an up/down arrow and a number.  the down arrow for the Y will move the HUD to the right.  it is usually just off screen so a few clicks to the down arrow will move it to the right and back into view.

4) Problem solved.

There is also a solution for when you lose your inventory window under your bottom chat bar.    In this case it is just a little bit off screen and hidden behind the chat bar.

1)  Go to your preferences.  Ctrl P will open your preferences.  Up top type in autohide.  you will see Autohide main chatbar.

2)  Select this and your main chatbar will drop down and hide and you will see the top of your inventory window.  Grab it and pull it up into better view again.

3)  Problem solved.

Hey there, Friggin. I see you're new to the forum, so letting you know to look out for the dates of the threads you are posting to. That can be easily missed although the new system does tell you that "you are now replying to an x-old thread" or some such message.  The original post was made in 2017 and was answered then. Sometimes folks get a little grumpy about what is called necroposting, or bringing up old, dead threads. Especially like this one, where the question was answered.

Your answers were great, thanks! But... no one was asking the question for three years. :)

There's no snotty tone in this. Text can be hard that way. Nope, just an fyi and welcome to the dumpster fire known as the SL forums.

image.png.d5ba2dbe0df16cd60329ebb1263fa1e9.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.