Weirdest Issue evar (touch not detected (kinda? half?) on specific prim)

Zak Kozlov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

So, I been working on a HUD for my mesh body. I was about to make the last part (presets) then realized that I needed to restructure much of how the HUD is communicating to make this easier. So I did just that. After such big changes on a 600ish code, I had to debug some stuffs, and I did just fine. But then this thing... 

The color changing part wasn't working anymore.

Tried to print stuff and realized that the body just didn't get any message from it. I tried to OwnerSay the message, I got nothing.

I tried to print just "touched" on the first line of it's condition (if (touched prim is colorhweel { do things }) and I didn't get anything. Now that's a really odd behavior, considering that the wheel itself is changing colors and that the things making this happen are in the very same condition.

I decided to just print "TOUCHED" on everything. Right after the touch event. And the result is what you see in the GIF right here: https://i.imgur.com/oHzySGX.gifv

This is ULTRA weird. The wheel itself seems to work just fine when clicked, but it's as if it's not able to say anything (either as OwnerSay or as RegionSay, which explains why my body don't get anything)

Did anyone else ever had that issue? any idea what's happening here?

I'm thinking corrupted prim, but then again why it's reacting when it comes to change color but not when it comes to output anything. I unlinked and relinked the whole hud, didn't help.

Thanks for your help

• Zak Kozlov changed the title to Weirdest Issue evar (touch not detected (kinda? half?) on specific prim)

Oh gawd. I posted this topic and digged deeper in my head. Tried to think of stuffs that I didnt think of... and I've figured it out. 

That's a colorwheel that I've made before I started working on the HUD as a standalone thing. When I changed my HUD while restructuring it, I forgot to remove it's own script with its own touch event. That's why it was still working yet not responding to the touch event of the HUD main script.

Fixed. Sorry for the useless post. Tho I probably wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't made it. Maybe it'll still help someone else.

Edited by Zak Kozlov
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.