Display Names Mess.

Ricky Zhichao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it only me or havent they really got yet fixed this mess which started after mess with Display Names:

Whe you have chat messages logged, there will be *.txt file for all avatars you have talked with. But the mess is that nowadays still there will be randomly 2 files updated. Either:"Mister Sister.txt"..or then "mister sister".txt

And that happens also with avtars who never even changed DIsplay name. It uses sometimes original name or then "new original name" which is that name.name

And i am not using any third party viewer just to avoid additional problems.

Sometimes when I talk with someone and close the chat window and when it soon opens again by new message, I cant anymore see previous messages but lot older messages if even them. So also viewer chat window chat history gets messed up for that mess. Annoying anyway when sometimes try to find some convo and messages are split to 2 files. Need check both and maybe to check whole convo you have to read both files same time. Sure ok for multichatters but I dont like this feature so much;)

Its a bug, has been for a while... it depends, I think, on who initiates the conversation. No idea if a fix is in the loop or not, and it has nothing to do with display names either. These days the log files are only named with the username, never with the display name (at least not on my machine).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.