Best female skin

Sunbleached

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

It's purely a mater of taste. The skins you will find in your Library are reasonable quality, and there are many others in the Marketplace and inworld shops. Before buying any skin, make sure to download a demo version first and try it out to make sure you are happy with it.

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 4

I suppose you should tell us what you mean by 'best'.

In an aesthetic sense, it is a purely personal preference, as others are pointing out.

I take the inclusion of "mature/teen - caucasian?" as suggesting you suspect there is some technically best for fitting the avatar. In that sense, a darker caucasian skin works better for photography and showing skin detail. Dark negroid skins are somewhat difficult to photograph and tend to hide detail. Light colored skins also have challenges for photographers. Otherwise, I am not aware of any other technical difference. All skins are based on the same UV Map (skin template). So, they all 'fit' the same.

Years ago I spent months picking the 'best' skin for me. I very seldom wear that skin and the content creator has since left SL because of content theft. Now I wear a YS&YS skin. Finding the right shade of brown is challenging. I'm picky. Once I decide on a Bento Mesh head, I will likely be looking for a new skin. Ugh. Being picky is a pain.

Also, the Lindens are changing the Server Side Baking engine. All classic skins and classic clothes are baked into a 512x512 composite by a server. It is this composite we see when wearing a classic avatar. The current change is to up the resolution to 1024x1024. The follow-on change will be to enable the baking service to handle mesh bodies and the coming new animesh (animated mesh objects). The plan is to eliminate the need for million poly mesh bodies made of multiple copies of the body to create layers for tattoo, underwear, and clothes. The plan is tattoo, underwear, and clothes can be baked to a single image (or 3 as now - head, upper and lower body) for use on a single copy of the body and eliminate the need for multiple meshes. It is thought this will improve performance and reduce texture thrashing.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.