Allie Kendal

Mid-sized kids places?

I play an 8 year old child av. I use the Tweenster mesh body. I am finding it very frustrating to find school and classes for me. A lot are mostly for toodleoos and young kids. I have tried many places including HKE. One of my problems is my old computer (no I can't get a new one). So a sim with like 40 kids on it will lag me out bad.

I love gymnastics but have not found any consistent classes for that. Also ballet. Some schools actually exclude kids with my kind of avatar (I am 4'5" in SL terms).

I"d love to find a smaller grade school.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

The older kid game is really hit and miss, since so many are TD. I've had some luck with smaller schools, but they don't tend to stick around long enough to find more kinds to join.

I've had the idea for a while to start a more freeform school, where people just get together and pitch classes to run when they're available rather than having a fixed schedule (more of a roleplay space). The idea is a bit dicey, but I feel like that might attract more older kids and teens who want to go to school but don't strictly need that kindergarten experience.

Most of the tweenster kids have created their avatars to be able to attend Mischief Managed, which is an RP-intensive sim based off of the Harry Potter Universe. I'm not sure what schools are still around that might cater to what you are searching for. I know that my (toddleedoo) daughter goes to Little Toes Dance Academy, where I often dance with her. There isn't really an age limit, despite what the name might imply. She also attends Sunshine Dance Academy and Elementary school, which is directed more towards the younger kids as far as the elementary classes go, but the dance classes don't seem to have an age limit. I will send you the LMs and contact information for both of these places when I log in today. I'm sure that Miss Daisy (from Sunshine) will be happy to take any ideas and suggestions you might have! Both places are small enough that you shouldn't lag much (Sunshine is in a skybox), and do have multiple teachers. 

I'm 11, and I attend Saratoga Springs and Zeke Lake schools - both are very welcoming communities