Bento attachment points for non-rigged, prim wings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm hoping I get a reply at some point, perhaps now that I have more specific questions it helps.
I'm working on animating the SL avatar's wing bones in Blender / Avastar. I've made super simple little flattened cylinder mesh objects at the base of each wing bone in case I need something to attach my own flexi prims to. I know, everyone usually uses mesh, but I really am attached to the flexible nature of plain ol' flat prims as they move so nicely.
So, if I import these wing bone animations into SL as an avatar animation with the two little simple cylinder meshes they are rigged to, will I then be able to attach the flexi prims to these little mesh wing bases? And, should the attachment points be to each wing bone, or each shoulder? I'm confused because some other Bento wings I've purchased attach to the shoulders, or to the spine, so considering the kind of setup I want how should I be exporting the animation / mesh base pieces / attachment points? Do I even need the little mesh objects to properly animate the wing bones for a set of prim wings or should I ditch those? I know it may help with seeing exactly where to attach the prims, but otherwise,...?
This will be my first animation done outside of SL in another app, so forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions.  I just want to be sure that what I am trying to do is even possible before wasting a lot of time and I have not been able to find the answers to my questions after much searching.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.