Every time signing into sl finishes loading, I'm kicked.

Jay Mote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So for about the past three days, I've been unable to sign into my sl account. And as soon as I type in my log in information, the "buffering" icon appears on my mouse and the window for SL says something like "Secondlife is not responding". Now, the login has always had it days when it's been a quick login and it's days when I've had to wait for a few minutes. Recently, I have had to wait for a few minutes. A couple of times yesterday, it signed me in and quickly before I crashed again and had to click "quit" due to being logged out of SL forcefully, I saw my avatar's clothes (nothing else) and there was a falling animation. I tried teleport to different regions. I have my "home" set to a sandbox (Skybeam Stillwater) where not many people visit, so I can reduce second life's crashing risks. Even there, I was forcefully signed out, before my body even loaded up. The second time, nothing loaded, I was a cloud (ah..memories) and my sl window went black and white without the "send an IM..." or the "you've been logged out of Second Life.." popups. I tried installing SL again and restarted my laptop many times since. It made no difference. I don't know what else to do. If anyone knows a solution to this issue, please let me know. Thank you, in advance.

4 answers to this question

So for about the past three days, I've been unable to sign into my sl account. And as soon as I type in my log in information, the "buffering" icon appears on my mouse and the window for SL says something like "Secondlife is not responding". Now, the login has always had it's days where it's been a quick login and it's days when I've had to wait for a few minutes. Recently, I have had to wait for a few minutes. A couple of times yesterday, it signed me in and quickly before I crashed again and had to click "quit" due to being logged out of SL forcefully, I saw my avatar's clothes (nothing else) and there was a falling animation. I tried teleport to different regions and the animation remained. I have my "home" set to a sandbox (Skybeam Stillwater) where not many people visit, so I can reduce second life's crashing and too much lag risks. Even there, I was forcefully signed out, before my body even loaded up. The second time, nothing loaded, I was a cloud (ah..memories) and my sl window went black and white without the "send an IM..." or the "you've been logged out of Second Life.." popups. I tried installing SL again and restarted my laptop many times since. It made no difference. I don't know what else to do. If anyone knows a solution to this issue, please let me know. Thank you, in advance.

Edited by Tokvo

This is most often a connection problem. Having a good Internet connection does NOT mean you have a good connection to a specific server, i.e., the SL servers. So, test that specific connection. Here is how: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

The quick fix is re-start your router/gateway/modem... the device that your ISP provided to connect you to the Internet.

• Like 1

If you have any alt accounts, does the same happen when logging in with an alt?
If your alts are not affected, contact Linden support to get your inventory checked - you may have a flat inventory structure causing logins to time out, or inventory corruption.  Both can be quickly fixed by support.

You can file a support ticket here: https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.