Maitreya exclusive

Chris Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, I checked the complexity figures of a few mesh bodies. The results are:
Maitreya Lara: 9190
Belleza Freya (demo): 8568
Belleza Freya Lite (demo): 4856
Slink Physique with one hand and one foot (demo): 13474
Tonic Curvy (demo): 11238
Selina Dana (demo): 10040
TMP free: 7617

Lots of simple clothes in my inventory weigh more than any of those.

Edited by angeoco

Thank you for the info, I truly appreciate your help in understanding a bit more about mesh.. 

A few years ago, I took a break from SL for about 2+ years. When I came back, there as all this new clothing stuff called "mesh".. wtf? And of course, no simple way of finding out what the heck it was and how it works.. Well, until I got the list of 'common measurements' for the different sizes, and after tweaking my shape (yes, I bitched about it, but in the end it didn't change my body look that much, except for more 'butt' than I had ever cared for), and thankfully, some sweet person I didn't even know, took pity and explained what the alphas, differing sizes, 'fit mesh' (awesome idea btw), etc. were for.. Until then, I HATED mesh clothing.. Now mesh hair? Oh hell yeah, LOVE it.. Anyway, there are still some little glitches with mesh clothing that can be irritating, like cutting through in certain poses or sits, having feet and ankles showing but no leg above it (while in certain animations).. 

But now, going back to a lot of my old favorite 'system' outfits, some look SO dated, they get deleted because I know I won't wear them again (if they are 'transfer' they go into a "Newbie Folder" that I can give away to someone to help them out, like someone helped me almost 10 years ago).. Sexy undies and lingerie in mesh are a real cause of "darn it!", because most of the best ones are only for mesh bodies.. Maybe someday I will go with a mesh body, a lot of people were reluctant to give up their flexi-prims, and in some things, like belly dance skirts, they are still a necessity of things don't flow and move right.. 

Well, I think I've beat this poor dead horse enough.. For now, I'll have to keep checking back with Carol G, maybe another NC requesting Classic AVI consideration (I REALLY want some of the new releases, particular the Henna and the soft colored roses collection *sigh* :) ).. Thank you to everyone that had been sympathetic and understanding, AND helpful.. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, angeoco said:

OK, I checked the complexity figures of a few mesh bodies. The results are:
Maitreya Lara: 9190
Belleza Freya (demo): 8568
Belleza Freya Lite (demo): 4856
Slink Physique with one hand and one foot (demo): 13474
Tonic Curvy (demo): 11238
Selina Dana (demo): 10040
TMP free: 7617

Lots of simple clothes in my inventory weigh more than any of those.

Reminds me of a survey I did few days ago for a store. It was a private survey so I'll not copy/paste it but I remember the popularity result : Maitreya was on top, second one was surprisingly Tonic Curvy, then SLink Hourglass and Belleza Freya. Belleza Venus was at the bottom with less than 1% : sad news.

Chris, if the product is a Maitreya exclusive, I'd encourage her to try on the demo anyway. I wear quite a few pieces that are Maitreya exclusive on my Belleza body. Results will be hit or miss, but with some minor shape adjustment, alpha's and hair; I've had to avoid going back to my Maitreya body in some cases.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 1:51 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

The nasty rumor is that Maitreya pays people to not support other brands. It is a rumor. I mention it in order to get it off the table. I have never seen any proof of it.

A more plausible reason is that Maitreya might give preference to people who go exclusive when it comes to approving handing out the developer kit. This is also a nasty and yet also unproven notion. It WAS true of TMP. But that is TMP, and TMP has earned a bad reputation as a result.

The most likely reason stems from the time delay between Belleza 2.0 and 3.0 a few years back. It took Belleza a little longer than a full year to get that update out. And for that whole duration they chose to stop approving new developer kits. The 2.0 version was before Maitreya came out. Maitreya came out in a very sloppy 1.0... but still better than Belleza 2.0

Maitreya had a series of quick updates until it hit 3.0 if I recall right. Belleza 3.0 came out and was vastly better than anything else on the market... but the damage was already done.

- It just so happens that the same year that Belleza stopped approving new developers was the very same year clothing makers noticed their sales drop through the floor and EVERYONE started shopping almost exclusively at the then brand new shop; Blueberry... because Blueberry was supporting fitmesh.

- So in the very year that clothing makers started banging on the doors of every fitmesh body begging for support kits... Belleza slammed the door shut and went into isolated-development-mode.

Meanwhile Slink and Maitreya handed out kits of bad quality clunky mesh bodies... on the promise that upgrades would come. By their now current versions they are still pretty bad meshes (very deformed breast and hip areas if you go outside a narrow range of shape dials, and poor avatar physics)... but they have good feature sets, like bento hands.

Belleza went from being the number 1 body, to crashing down very fast. And it was a self-inflicted wound.

That said... I exclusively use Belleza Freya.

It is so vastly superior to other bodies, that the hassle is worth it. When I was wearing clothing, I found enough support for it. Not everything I want / wanted... but enough. The situation is what it is... But the body is worth it.

Exactly correct! Everyone crying about the Belleza body not being represented by creators need to thank Belleza for that.  NOT the creators

• Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 6:54 AM, PickleflufferButternut said:

Exactly correct! Everyone crying about the Belleza body not being represented by creators need to thank Belleza for that.  NOT the creators

Yeah.

And since I exclusively use Belleza Freya (no other body comes even close in quality for the bosom and the waist to hips 'smoothness')...

This drives me nuts.

I'm now basically an SL nudist. But that didn't happen on purpose. Lack of selection drove me 'back' to how I was in SL when I first started.

When I first got into SL, everything basically felts like a white-supremacist-rally... No options anywhere for people of... well... 90% of the human species... So I went nude, on a low quality skin, and ended up being a neko with semi-fur and spots because it let me be 'something' that didn't look like it came from the pages of a beauty contest for "Housewives of the Klan" (it's not content FOR whites that bothers me, but the LACK of content for anyone else - that comes across as 'exclusionary and hateful' because there is no rational explanation for a lack of diversity in 2009. when I got here, other than bigotry). That got better, and my journey expanded.

I was slow to mesh bodies. But when I got there, I compared them all. Look back far enough in my blog and there is a review panning early Belleza as low quality... I tried other options, found even more flaws with them - I am picky, anatomy matters to me. Including in how a body moves. When my boobs bounce, my ribcage should NOT move with them... when breasts get fuller, they get fuller below, they don't stick out at a down angle with a hollow space underneath... when my butt moves, my [frontal special place] should NOT move even more, or frankly at all...
- stuff like that matters...

So Belleza had to hit it's V3 before I gave it a good review, and once I did I was all over it...

The basic Freya body shape... sucks. I'm sorry, but I don't like it. It's a funky pear shape.
And yet Freya is what I use everyday... because I found that Freya RESPONDED to the shape dials like no other body out there... I turned that pear into a smooth hourglass.
- not the jagged and bumpy or extreme hourglass of a product by a like name... but an actual smooth formed body. Granted the jagged look also occurs on real people who are lacking a good BMI so their bones stick out... but that's not what I wanted. I wanted voluptuous, not 'fashion model chosen by a guy with a fake french accent who calls everybody girlfriend'.

- Freya gave me that. It was fixable.

Then I went clothes shopping...

And I was a nudist by the end of the day, though it took me a few more months to "come out" to my SL community as 'returning to my SL roots'...

The lack of selection drives me nuts... and it is all their own fault.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

I still don't see the lack of selection!!  I really don't!  I have been paying particular attention since reading these posts,  and I have to say, it must be where folks are shopping, because anywhere I have gone in the past two weeks has all had Belleza options..  Granted you won't find me within a mile of any gatcha, so that might be part of why I haven't run into this issue, but I sure have visited a lot of shows, fairs, events and stores.. and Belleza option is always there where I go.. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 12:30 AM, Tazzie Tuque said:

I still don't see the lack of selection!!  I really don't!  I have been paying particular attention since reading these posts,  and I have to say, it must be where folks are shopping, because anywhere I have gone in the past two weeks has all had Belleza options..  Granted you won't find me within a mile of any gatcha, so that might be part of why I haven't run into this issue, but I sure have visited a lot of shows, fairs, events and stores.. and Belleza option is always there where I go.. 

There is a lack of selection and there isn’t for other bodies. I know that sounds funny so let me explain.

Some fairs have rounds where the clothing is mainly Maitreya. But to be fair, sometimes it’s Maitreya and Slink or sometimes it will be Maitreya and Belleza. You’re right about the gatcha events. Some creators have machines for all three bodies. Some don’t say anything at all, but it’s always safe to assume it’s for Maitreya when it doesn’t.Then you have the creators that only make items for Maitreya. I won’t name them, but they’re known for making high quality items.

The problem with this is it sends a subliminal message that quality is Maitreya. People are so impulsive at those events, when they see they can’t have something because they don’t have the right body, they’re going to go out and get the body that denied them.

But you’re right, it’s not hard to find things for other bodies. That is if you know where to look. The thing is I think a lot of people only shop at events so they miss out on a lot of items.

On 01/11/2017 at 5:30 AM, Tazzie Tuque said:

There are three Belleza bodies, not just two.

6 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I know that!  good grief  did I say one?  When I said Belleza I meant all three!   Mind you, I have seen some mesh makers, eliminate Venus just lately and only in a few places..  

Sometimes it feels like you're saying Belleza for Freya mainly. Glad to hear you always mean all three.

I've noticed that too about Venus which affects me directly as it's my favorite Belleza one. I'm still trying to figure and understand what it means and what can be done but I'm short in answers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.